• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken hood tie down/latch thingy

J
Mar 28, 2008
I know I saw some repair/replace options for the M Series hood piece that breaks off when the rubber tie down is hooked to it. Can't seem to find the thread. Who was peddling thos kits or what have you done to fix yours?

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
tits gone ?

When my good latch tits went away I:

ground that area flat with a dremel tool

used a 1/4" button head bolt/ spacer from aluminm hunting arrrow/ small fender washer and nyloc nut on inside of hood, 5000 miles and still looks good and works better and more secure than those silly little plastic points.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Arctic Cat makes a kit that you grind off where the plastic point was sticking up, then drill a small hole down through the hood. Then you press in black metal pegs. I think it is kinda pricy at $20 for what you get but it is definitely the cleanest looking fix that I have seen. Did it to my M7 and M1000 with good results.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I used a regular 1/4" dia bolt with two nuts to hold it secure...didn't even grin anything flat, just drilled the hole above the point area. Works great and cost under a buck. Carriage bolt would probably look better but, at this point, I'm not too worried about the looks of my 2007 original hood. :)

C

corydoneen

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern Wa
drill a 1/8 inch pilot hole bout center of where it broke off on the point. then take a self tapping hex head bolt and use a nut driver and run here down til she gets tight.

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
hood tabs.

I purchased some replacement hood tabs from Rprecision here on the forum a couple years back. They were around $45. Very pricey but the best I have found. Hope this helps.

Premium Features