• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proper break in

D

dbritsch

Oct 8, 2008
Bluffdale, Utah
premix the first tank at 100:1, ride it anywhere as hard as you want, if you have snow! when you get done, make sure the oil tank has used the right amount of oil, use a ratio rite and compare to fuel used. Now you know the bubbles are out. and the oil pump is working. In pro jet ski, we would rebuild a top end and race the same weekend. I raced sit down sea doo's at 180-200 compression and never burned a fresh top end. 4 stroke is obviously different, but my experience with two strokes is if it is getting gas and oil at proper ratios, then rip it up. Cat wants you as the owner to make double sure that the motor is getting oil and gas at proper ratios so they don't have to warranty a motor that may have had a bubble or a malfunctioning oil pump. Dealers have been told to tell all new customers to check the oil versus gas used on the first tank. I bought mine from Cutler's and Dale made a point of telling me to verify oil usage before refilling that second tank with straight gas. Just my opinion...

Premium Features