• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Beacon Basin Install - Fairview

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
Hey Guys (and Gals),

Tomorrow at noon we will be helping the forest service setup and install the beacon basin at the top of Fairview.
If anyone is going to be around, stop by and say hi or help out for a minute.

Regardless of whether or not you help set it up, be sure to USE IT!!!!

Get out and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE with your beacons. If you really get the itch, practicing probing & digging too. There are shoveling techniques that will save you a lot of digging time.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Wish there was one farther North.......Monte, Logan area.

I thought I heard once that Snowbasin had or was going to have one?? Anyone know anything about that?

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Yes there is one at SnowBasin. When I go to work tomorrow I will ask if it is up and running. Not much snow in the training area yet. It is FREE and it would be good to get used more by the public. As far as I know it is operational 24 hours a day.
Also once we get more terrain and lifts running the patrol sets out(in certain areas) live beacons for skiers and boarders to find. Not much help for the snowmobiler.
The ones set out on the hill are a task to find even if you are given the general area of the beacon.

Last edited:
A

avyhunter

Nov 23, 2008
Statewide Beacon Parks List... some still need more snow

Snowbasin
Snowbird
The Canyons
Bear River Parking lot (southside)
Nobletts Trailhead (northeast corner)
Fairview Canyon

Premium Features