• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Summit Clutch Kit - Dig a graveyard (WIN a clutch kit & parts)

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Win an snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpg clutch kit to help YOU dig a graveyard. We’ve all seen it a dozen times in videos; someone digging a grave. Usually it's sadly done, with not enough momentum, the clutching gives up the ghost.

When iBackshift kit owners dig graves, it's done by going farther than they thought they would. The clutching, fights all the way to the bitter end. The difference from the former is the kit owners graveplot or graveyard is a way to display his great achievement for the rest of the weekend.
contest1.jpg

Moe) Hey, who made it waAAay up there?
Curly) Larry dug that graveyard. It took him 2 hours to get out and nobody could help.
Moe) Want to try to go up there?
Curly) I won’t make it, his clutching is better than mine.

Preserve the environment
A large pile of snow comes from the grave, and maybe some shrubs, rotten stump bits which don’t have to return to the grave at the end of digging. Where you pile the snow is a matter of personal preference.

If possible, try to avoid causing damage by auger-burying nearby saplings, knocking bird nests out of trees, filling up woodpecker holes with snow or the guy’s helmet who come to help you out.
contest2.jpg

While discharging snow, slight adjustments to the edges of the grave, even angle of orientation are made by the “pin-n-wiggle” method.

Decorations
The opening of the grave can be adorned nicely with an arrangement of black sod or straw grass accents or Spruce and Pine ones like we see here.
contest3.jpg

The graveyard can also be adorned with your favorite skidoo, standing on end like flowers in a vase.
contest4.jpg

Some who regularly attend their graveyard have a customized seat to rest their weary soul.
contest5.jpg

Planning
There is a misconception an iBackshift kit owner will just go “dig a hole”.
contest6.jpg

No, rather, before the sled climbs, there are considerations to be made about the grave. It helps knowing “how many able bodied sledders” to come help you out, if needed. Will they be able to make it to you?
contest7.jpg

Are there too many trees in the way? Can you steer the sled from the grave once you dig it? When you stop the track, how much will you dig by hand? Does your help have the iBackshift clutch kit?

Be kind to your help
When digging your graveyard, don’t accidentally fill your friend’s helmet with snow. Make sure your help is wearing their helmet.
contest9.jpg

Q&A
Q) Joe, will you install it?
A) No, you need to install it.

Q) Anything else I need
A) A good shovel. (Shovel not included)

Q) If an arctic cat falls in the grave, will an animal dig it up?
A) No. It will leave the sled to rot and mark its scent as part of its territory.
contest10.jpg

Q) Will the iBackshift clutch kit help me not get stuck?
A) With this clutch kit, we guarantee you’ll get stuck and look cool doing it.
contest11.jpg

Here is the chance to win the clutch kit to help you dig a graveyard.
When you buy an snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpg G4 summit clutch kit, your invoice number is written on a ping pong ball and go into a bingo ball spinner.
contest12.jpg

First place gets a free snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpgclutch kit, a 571 skidoo drive belt and a new set of replacement clutch springs
firstplace.jpg

Second place gets a 571 drive belt and a set of replacement snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpg clutch springs
secondplace.jpg

Third place gets a set of replacement snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpg clutch springs.
thirdplace.jpg

Only customers who purchased an snowestibackshiftsiggy.jpg G4 skidoo summit clutch kit 146, 154, 165, 174 (2.5 to 3.0) from May 1st to Sept 30th 2019 are eligible to enter the contest.All clutch kits will be mailed out as orders come in. The prizes will be commissioned in first week of October.

-First place will have a credit for the purchase of the kit, and I will mail the 571 belt and replacement springs (in october)
-Second place will have mailed the 571 belt and replacement springs (in october)
-Third place mailed new replacement springs (in october)

This is not available in the dealer or distributor network. Only individual customers.

Available to customers from Canada, USA, Finland, Romania, France, Germany, Poland, NZ, Japan, Iceland, Greenland, Italy...etc. (Sweden/Norway/Russia are excluded)

*clicky* here for the850 summit clutch kit order page to order your clutch kit and your invoice (name) is entered into the draw.

Wish you the best

Happy highmarking

Joey (Dynamo Joe)

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have decided to give one of these kits a try myself this season.:)
SUPER curious to see how my Gen 4's behavior changes with their clutch kit.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Howdy. Factory clutching for 2020 on that sled is the same as last season.
the iBackshift clutch it is basically the same for the 2020 model. The only differences are up to you, what you want the kit to function like.
Some owners want 3800 engage, some want standard 3000 engage, some want 2800 engage. I have some in Quebec and Sweden wanting 4000 rpms. Ok, so-be-it.

There are guys who run bare tunnel, to loaded with gear, to pulling a skiff, hauling a moose, caribou, elk or even an ice fishing shack or portable sauna or two up with snowboards.

Once I get details from what you particularly need, then can modify the kit and/or gearing to satisfy that requirement.

thanks
joey

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have decided to give one of these kits a try myself this season.:)
SUPER curious to see how my Gen 4's behavior changes with their clutch kit.

Installed the kit last year and modified to have clutch engagement around 2800 - 3000 RPM. Very very smooth engagement. Backshift is very smooth and seems very linear thru the entire power band.
Lower initial RPM allows slower speed and maneuver without trenching.

Clutch is cooler.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Can you discuss here or start a new discussion about the new G4 spindles being designed?

Better than the Expert spindles?

What are your spindles designed to do over factory?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
DJ's kit is solid. I bought one last year and appreciated the immediate difference in throttle response and backshifting. I was skeptical on whether the new weights, springs and helix would matter on my 18 165" after the warranty spring update, and it was a truly an improvement. Best part is the easy tunability as needed for dialing in RPMs for your mean riding elevation.

You won't be disappointed with Joey's kit. Or buy another from one of the other two good clutch kit retailers. But defintiely install an aftermarket clutch kit, sooner than later!

Premium Features