• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Truck Owners

Which color would you choose?

• Black

Votes: 231 51.9%
  • White

Votes: 214 48.1%

• Total voters

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Well, ended up ordering my truck. The original order form was white but changed it the next day. I saw all the pictures but still had reservations. That was until I went and picked up my truck. I LOVE THE COLOR!

Thanks for the input guys!!!

IMG_7694-1.jpg

truck_and_trailer5.jpg

truck_and_trailer6.jpg

truck_and_trailer1.jpg

truck_and_trailer4.jpg

Last edited:
M
Nov 13, 2008
black

I have had a white Duramax, two charcoal grey Mega-cabs and now a black Cummins. White is easy like unemployment and strippers, the grey was great looking and pretty easy to keep clean. The reason why I got black was because everyone driving a 2500/3500 pickup has white, more and more grey in my town. Now the black is a thing of beauty , I am picky but I learned to except that black is black, even dirty I think it looks better than a clean white pickup. The wife even drives a black suburban but when it comes to suburbans every other one is black so not to sure what the next one will be. Black is DEFINATELY HOTTER in the summer, but they sure look good

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Black is best. On my second black truck on our third black car. None better looking when cleaned up. But also none dirtier when dirty, no thanks to lift and tires. Black is alot of work but with out a doubt best looking color when cleaned up. You must baby them though cause they show everything. Mine stays in garage until I need to tow,:face-icon-small-coo or feel like driving it. It really helps to have something else for an every day driver.

H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
somehow i ended up with 2 black vehicles (or at least some of it black, chevelle, corvette) i will never have another black vehicle(unless it just looks to cool to pass up:face-icon-small-win), truck or car. what a pia to keep clean. wash it, 30 min later wipe the dust off. just not worth it. not sure whats the next color but black aint gonna be my first choice.

B
Mar 16, 2011
Helena MT
Hey,

I am about to put in an order for a 2011 F-250. I am torn on the color. I was planning on doing white but saw 2 2010 F-250's next to eachother at the dealer, a black one and a white one. I have to admit that black sure looked purdy. And it would match my trailer.

My question is those of you that black trucks are you satisfied with the color? I know they are hard to keep clean. That doesn't bother me. What I am interested in is how it will stand the test of time. My truck will probably spend most of the time outdoors. Does the black fade bad over time?

Thanks!

Black looks great no doubt....But you will hate it if you plan on using your truck like a truck. it shows rock chips and scratches very bad. When we deliver a new black vehicle i have it hand washed with a mitt because i have seen a brush scratch the hell out of black. although im not crazy about either color white and silver hold up the best IMO. Good luck on the truck deal...If your hearts not set on a ford i can hook you up huge on a new chev.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
The 2 Only Colors on the planet Black and White. I just go back in forth between the 2 colors im on Black now next truck is White then will be back to Black after that. Yes Black sucks to keep clean but thats wat the Mancave/Pole shed is for summer or winter.

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Personally for looks, black is the best, but for over all durability of paint color, i would have to say Tan/Champagne is the best color. My favorite color for a vehicle, but the new "pearl white" is really growing on me. My truck is Champagne and i love it, you can put all black aftermarket on it, and you can put all chrome, and it looks good both ways!

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
They make vehicles in other colors? Thought black was the only color made. Even a quick washed black rig looks better than a freshly waxed white rig!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Just did a black Denali. It looks sweet. Could've had white or some weird blue color but couldn't pass up the black. I did a clear bra on the bumper, hood, fenders, etc. I also added the mud flaps behind all four wheels to help with debris.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I bought my Tundra silver because I had a 3/8 mile gravel driveway to my place. My buddy talked me into painting it matte black when it was still almost new. That truck gets more attention than anything I have ever driven. It looks amazing clean but even dirty it still looks cool. I don't have time to wash my truck as much as I should. If I was going to do it again I would wrap it matte black. The matte paints weren't as easy to clean or as durable as a gloss paint in 08 when I did it. Much better now but I still think the wrap is better. If you scratch it up in the woods you just replace the panel that was damaged. Also, you can peal it off at any time and have a perfect condition truck to sell. I don't wash or wax any vehicle enough to own a gloss black rig and the swirl marks, dust and dirt etc just drive me crazy.

Premium Features