• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Turbo Preventative Maintenance (PM)

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
I'm running '13 Pro 800 with Boondocker Kit--gtx compressor, tial exhaust housing, water to air intercooler, -3 timing key (when running poorer fuel). I want advice on engine maintenance/enhancement parts. Anywhere I can look for:

1) aftermarket reeds for stock cages. I want to do two thin reeds stacked in lieu of a thicker reed set.
2) piston / rings. I replaced last thousand miles with Polaris and I can clearly see more wear on the exhaust side skirt. Pisin kits, fix it kits, durability kits abound for these things, but little is said online in the context of the 800 cfi 2 engine with the turbo. What do you recommend? Do any of you run shim kits, longer Pistons, etc with turbo?
3) crank. Some of my friends ran the axys crank in cfi turbos last year with great bottom end results. Does anyone machine the stock crank cheeks to the axys dimensions or is the only avenue to drop the dough for the Polaris oem part?
4) exhaust. Are any pipe mods proven for the cfi 2 turbo'd? Has anyone ran an exhaust pressure test with stock pipe, tial 60 ar housing and Boondocker tunnel dump? This sled seems to gain very little going from 10-13 psi.

Premium Features