• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tips on changing out reeds

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
Hey guys looking for some tips on changing out reeds on a 2007 M8. wondering If you have to pull the throttle bodies completly out or if you can wiggle the reeds past the boot and the block any tips would be appreciated thanks fellas.

Chris

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I'm sure it is just like my M7. Pull the air box, pull the boot going to the injectors, then you can pull the injectors back far enough to get the reeds out. Wham bam just like that.

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
The injectors are located right in the throttle bodies and the air box is 2 pieces and it looks to me like to get get the piece of the air box or with the 2 boots on it that connect to the throttle bodies you have to remove the throttle bodies or at least lift them up to pull it out and with the throttle bodies lifted out you can get at the reeds. The biggest problem is there are 2 bolts that are on the bottom of the reeds that look near impossible to get at unless you first remove the throttle bodies. So I guess you must have too pry the boots off the air box side and roll the throttle bodies out ???? let me know if I'm the right track here thanks

Chris

M
Nov 27, 2007
Unless your doing a big bore with twins, its no use to change the reeds out, stock is more then enough. PITA to do for little to no gains, and the dollars spent.

C

chris79

Mar 3, 2008
Foremost, Alberta
The reason for the change is that I am putting a turbo on and there are v force in the sled right now. I didn't put them in so I was just looking for a few tips on changing back to the stock set.

Chris

Last edited:

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Sounds like it probably is different than my M7. On mine, once the air box is off and the boot from the air box to the throttle bodies is off you can pull the throttle bodies (that are on the fuel rail) back out of the boots to the reeds back toward where the air box was and then the screws to the boots are easy to get to. Then the reeds will come right out after pulling apart the gaskets holding them in.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Sorry, should have mentioned also that at least on the M7's the air box is all one piece. I assumed that the M8 was the same. It just has a single screw right at the front with a piece of aluminum that holds the air box down in place butted up to the boot going to the throttle bodies and fuel rail.

Premium Features