• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bars for 08 m8

D

D-money

Sep 10, 2009
Wenatchee
I cracked my hood and bent my handle bars on a tree pretty good, so i was wondering if guys were running aftermarket handle bars or just buying stock ones again. Help would be appriciated.

B
Jan 20, 2009
i have some friends running aftermarket moto style bars, they look killer. But then they hit somthing there steering post bends instead of the bars because the bars are stronger

D

D-money

Sep 10, 2009
Wenatchee
ya i have seen guys running bars like that but they dont have a mountian bar, and i still want that.

Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
I haven't put fly bars on mine yet, but i soon want to. They are SOOOOO much stronger it is well worth the cost. I have them sittin in the garage haven't found the time...

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Im running Fly Mtn bars and risers on my M*, was the first then I did to the sled. M's are designed for 6'2+ guys.. Also like having a wider grip and a smaller bar to hang on too. I tend to run the risers not super tight, so the break point is on the riser not the post..

N

nmb1pntbll

Nov 23, 2009
Bozeman, MT
I have a whole RSI setup on my M7, 6 inch riser, backcountry bend bars, and you could put a mountain strap on it too if you wanted. Awesome setup and ride really well. definitly check out RSI

0101002151.jpg

M
Dec 30, 2007
just went through the same thing on my 09 turbo m8,hated hated hated the stock bars,and ugly controls... and the adjustable post had way too much slop in it...comming from a 07 rev with tight steering i hated it! and all i have ever ridden were race sled with 440 bar setups and the m8 stock steering had to go...biggest beef with the sled...

my setup

- 09 600 sno pro 600 bars (steel bars so the warmers do work!!!)
- aluminum throttle block,sno pro 600 kill switch,mxzx 440 dimmer switch, polaris assult reverse switch, and 3 position switch in console for hand/thumb warmers and 07 sno pro bar pad
- 10 inch black riser
- wildchild chrome-moly re-enforced steering post with T Top
- BDX Steering support (must have!)

this setup makes the sled feel like the 440 sno pros without cutting up your hood...and i could put the bars alot more forward...and still have 1" higher than stock height with adj post up high...

although the 440's steering post is straigher and has a more natural feel when turning,and the turning forces dosent work against itself like the m series sleds....this setup works good...

i would have went with the 440 sp setup but the turbos parts take up the room...

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
ya i have seen guys running bars like that but they dont have a mountian bar, and i still want that.

There are aftermarket mountain bars on the market.I used a mountain bar from Polaris it is nice and stiff like your original one.Just be sure to use locktite on bolts as I found out the hard way about not using locktite.

Dave

Last edited:
R
Feb 17, 2008
Hilliard, AB
Went to RSI's after breaking my factory bars. Tried some TAG's. Ended up buying stock everything, including handwarmers as aftermarket just turned into a pain in the ***. Plus I'd rather break my stock bars which are $40, than be replacing a steering post. And it has the factory fit and finish that people look for upon resale.

Premium Features