• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Turbo apex?? wont rev past 7k????

Oct 20, 2008
Ogden
Hey guys I have a 06 turbo apex with the boon docker gt25 turbo pure logic fuel box, runs really good, but today I got into a spot, and tried going up this pretty good hill, it started making a ddddddddduuudttt sound skipping on the sprockets, and it would not rev past 7k still builds little bit of boost up to 7k, then just stays at 7k until you let off. I noticed that my sprockets were tore up on the outside, I am wondering how hard they are to replace? what shaft size I need? If they have upgraded one's? I don't really want to order them we have a trip planned this Tuesday, But I'm wondering If anybody knows for sure why It wont rev past 7k is it because all the teeth on the outside sprockets are stripped and it has a sensor to save your track, or if the Pure logic box went bad, fuel pump? My air fuel is reading about 13.5 14.5 so that's right where it should be. Please help. Thank you so much. Please give me information on replacing the drive sprockets, I have done them on 2002 ski doo's 2 stroke, but nothing like this. I know you have to pull the chaincase, but is there anything special? Tricks,etc. Also does anybody know where I can get some sprockets? preferable somewhere that would have them in stock close to Ogden Utah.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

D
Dec 13, 2007
Alberta
I don't know if this applies to you with the noise your hearing. On my first ride two years ago my sled wouldn't rev over 6500-7000 and my turbo was siezed. Changing drivers isn't to bad just take some measurments, get some cnc avids. Sounds like your track is loose skipping on your drivers.

Last edited:

WakeGD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Have you made sure your intercooler and throttle bodies haven't popped off?
I had this happen on my Super and it wouldn't rev past 7K. Easy fix and easy to check.

Oct 20, 2008
Ogden
I ordered some extrovert drivers today. The anti ratchet drivers a stripped to so bad! Is there a sensor of any kind that holds the motor back when the track slips; so it doesn’t strip the track to hell if it were to slip? Know what I mean? I don’t think the turbo is seized cause it still builds boost up to the 7k RPM, that is when it starts to slip really bad and seems like it governs it. The intercooler brackets and tubes have blown off before and I have made stronger brackets to ensure this doesn’t happen again but I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestions and please if you have any further ideas I’m open to them!!

Premium Features