• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

heated gloves

V
Nov 27, 2007
denver area
I've used Widder electric gloves on my motorcycle. They hook to 12V DC. They are fine until they get wet, then they are just another wet cold glove.

I'm not sure how the rechargable gloves would work. As far as electrics, do the math. amp-hour = amps X hours used. amps = watts/volts.

Edit: funny, no info on the website about wattage or battery type. Also nothing about windproof or waterproof.

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
gloves

from what I hear about the nytro hand warmers you might need some powergloves too....battery is Lithium-Ion 3.7v 2200mAh,for you detail oriented types....gloves are washable....for gettin back at the end of the day they might be pretty nice...both gloves with fully charged batteries weigh 1lb...just turned'em on and feel the warmth almost immediately....sweet...$60...will fieldtest friday.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
I have a 12 volt accessory jack on the blue bomber, I could plug in a full body electric blanket and stay toasty warm.... :D :D :D I could use some extra weight.. Make sure you have your Tek vest on Friday, I wanna try it...

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
hmmm

forget the tek vest, you would die from heat exhaustion with that thing on while ridin trees, for me it was unbearable....I'll bring it anyway, be great for a highspeed trail rider.....bring my 12 volt tv so I'll have something to watch while we unstick that thumper, mount it to the hood maybe......what's next...electric jack?...anyway the gloves have been on an hour here at my desk and are still warm and working well.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Throw'em outside or in the freezer for an hour or two and then put them on.... I could mount a satellite dish to the tunnel and we could watch TV during lunch...
Yeah I know it is hot I just want to try it on and test for flexibility???

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
gloves

they are 100% polyester, if washed they can only be line dried...also the warning label states not to use if you have a pacemaker or defibrillator....and to check with your doc if you have diabetes, circulatory/heart problems.....they may also affect compasses or magnetic sensing equipment....my plan is to put the batteries in my bib pocket and stash the gloves till I really need'em....they stayed on for over four hours last night on low....which is really low heat, they are intended for hunters, seem to be well made, so I'll let you all know after I use'em this weekend....last ride my one finger was so cold I couldn't even feel that it was cold until I stopped and the little chemical warmers don't reach the fingers as these are supposed to do....i was also told that you can plug the batteries into a 12v source, just get a charger with the right size plug...I'll post fieldtest results on sun or mon.

H

High Powder

Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
So no nylon other other type of shell correct? To me, I like the idea but if they aren't waterproof they don't offer much benefit. As a previous poster said, once they get wet they would just be another wet glove to carry around. I look forward to hearing your field test experience. What type of battery connection do they have? Could you carry a spare set?

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
electric gloves?? can you plug them into the plug for your modular?? .........girlie man [:-}

H

High Powder

Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
HaHaHa --

30 below at Island Park two weekends ago on a SnowHawk (no heaters). I would have given my left #&! for a pair of heated gloves. I knew it was cold when I was thinking about ditching my F4 and going back to the trailer for my NMFH!!! Now that's girlie but I would have gladly taken the insult for the return of feeling to my fingers!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
This is my brother's website... He has a new patent in heated materials... He will be in a few of the mainstream gloves hitting the market this next fall. I could go on and on about why his stuff is good and worth waiting for. Probably the biggest reason is that the heating strips and batteries are actually integrated into the gloves! Plug them in over night and you have heat all day with out having to pack any extra batteries or run wires off your sled or bike...

http://www.energyintegrationtech.com/technology.html

I have the inside track that some of the major industries are interested but I don't think I'm at liberty to say who yet... I've mentioned it to a few snomobiling gear companies myself and they seemed interested but at that point I have to bail and let my brother handle it.

Anyway, check out his website and ask your favorite glove maker if they're interested or if they will be carrying it next year... Guess that's all I can say at this point!

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
Like John said previously, replace the warmers with aftermarket ones. I got a set that tape onto the bar then you slid the grip over them. I also put on a set of PowerMadd hand guards. Now I'm good to -25F.

Premium Features