• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tss new turbo kits

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Vague......

I hope winter gets here soon, this heat:sun: is making me grumpy:face-icon-small-sad

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
I am sure, like alot of other turbo builders, they will be running KPA Self-Lube / oilless turbos. Those seem pretty popular this year. Hope KPA can build enough turbos, so us customers won't be waiting. I can't wait for snow!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I am sure, like alot of other turbo builders, they will be running KPA Self-Lube / oilless turbos. Those seem pretty popular this year. Hope KPA can build enough turbos, so us customers won't be waiting. I can't wait for snow!

Lol I highly doubt the "sweet" thing coming from TSS are cheap KPA Turbos when they already run the tried and tested GTX Gerrett turbos

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Don't be surprised if you see those turbos on many different kits this year. As long as they can supply them. I talked to a few of the different manufacturers and it sure sounds like they will be the turbo for this year.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Way better chance of TSS running the new EFR turbos then the KPA turbos, I would bet money on it.

B

bacon1

Sep 10, 2008
I'm willing to bet its going to be somwhere along the lines of a mid-mount XM using a 2871 or maybe the 2860 they are currently using. They were working on a prototype when my kit was being installed in February. Cool stuff for sure.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
i dont know enough to spill any beans but i do know that bottom and mid responsivness is going to be improved alot( which i was already happy with). the rest u will have to pry it out of them cheers

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Just curious why the KPA turbos are considered "cheap"? It says they are assembled and tested in the US.

I talked to TSS the other day and Im pretty sure I remember that they are moving to the KPA. He told me a little about what they are doing, and sounds pretty interesting. But......at the same time he didnt really tell me any details. Be really interested to try one out.

But..............$8000 just for the kit, plus install???!!! Im sorry but holy frickin expensive. I realize that these guys have to make a profit, and I dont have a problem with that. But seriously how much money worth of parts is actually in a turbo kit? Im guessing $2000, $3000 at the very most.

Curious to hear if anyone else feels the same way or am I just a cheap SOB?:face-icon-small-sho

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
your kinda being cheap if u want a basic kit u can get one for 5000 if you want to run more boost and get the best kit its gunna cost more those water to air boxs arent easy to build. not to mention alot of test time goes into them and research. if you want a cheap kit go buy a silber u get what u pay for. all i know is i havnt seen a kit work as good as theres on a etec

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'm willing to bet its going to be somwhere along the lines of a mid-mount XM using a 2871 or maybe the 2860 they are currently using. They were working on a prototype when my kit was being installed in February. Cool stuff for sure.

What exactly is a "mid mount" on a two stroke?? How does that work?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Thats the thing. I have heard SUCH varying reviews on all of the different kits. Some guys say these kits are absolutely perfect, and they are like riding a stock sled with 250hp. But then talk to other guys (who really know their chit), and they say what you just said. Also said they just about went over the bars a couple times because of a bad bog. Who knows. All Im saying is 8k for a kit on a 2 stroke is way too rich for this guys blood.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
X2 with deaner...

Plus the TSS kit has mega turbo lag or atleast the one I was riding...
The rough side of the turbo world. have one customers sled running poorly, from their mistake or the builders and your rep can get thrashed.

Ill be honest, they look like a slick working/running kit, but definately on the steep side for $$$$, but hey, its just money.

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
The rough side of the turbo world. have one customers sled running poorly, from their mistake or the builders and your rep can get thrashed.

Ill be honest, they look like a slick working/running kit, but definately on the steep side for $$$$, but hey, its just money.

FYI. The one I was on was installed and setup by them plus 4 days tuning. So in this cause it is not the customer setting it up wrongfully.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
any if there kits for there xm s have worked great that i have seen. some of tgere first year kits didnt work quit as great as others but it was there first year and they new themselves they would have issues but had them worked out for last year and should have yhem better for this year yet

Premium Features