• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any put a TSS-04 on a new sled?

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I have ben balancing the TEAM BOSS secondaries for a few years...Not a huge fan...Wonder if anyone has tried a TSS-04 on a sled with the new Adapt clutch...I know for fact the Sno Cross guys have a TSS on there sleds...It is a really bullet proof clutch...How hard would it be??? Just asking...

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Could probably be done with a custom jack shaft. Not sure if the snow cross shaft would fit. I have seen some swapped over to Tied secondaries with the 2012-2015 style jack shaft. They are pretty heavy though.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
agreed Team Tide is heavy but very efficient...the BOSS just is not a very good clutch...I can barely balance them!!! they are all 100 LBS out of balance or more!! and they have no index marks claiming they balance each side!!!!! just would make the sled way better!!!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
are they just not good from a balancing standpoint? seem to work good in the mountains. slower secondary speeds... i wouldnt put one on a go fast sled.
I dont care for the aluminum spline/60 pounds of torque thing. Keyed/Floating secondary always makes more sense to me.
cant beat the belt life on these cats though.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
agreed Team Tide is heavy but very efficient...the BOSS just is not a very good clutch...I can barely balance them!!! they are all 100 LBS out of balance or more!! and they have no index marks claiming they balance each side!!!!! just would make the sled way better!!!
How’s the cat factory team clutch compared to the Polaris factory team clutch. They are quite similar.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
How’s the cat factory team clutch compared to the Polaris factory team clutch. They are quite similar.
Similar but nothing except maybe rollers are interchangeable. Splined cover to jackshaft is definitely a weak point. At least it is available separately.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Here is a Paragon on an Ascender so it’s kinda related to tss-04 in a clutching historical sinister type of way. F4FBB43B-1245-4268-829D-F1A93409C4BD.jpeg

Premium Features