• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 xm maintainence

Z
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula MT
got the 13 xm 154 in the shop tonight cleaning clutches and doing maintenance, anyone know how much gear oil the chaincase uses?

Yes i know doo makes the prefilled bottle but i would like to get this done tonight and i have plenty of gear oil in the shop. So how many oz? Is there a fill line im missing?

Also What greese r u guys liking on the new skids?

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
There is a plug on the backside. Take it out and fill it until it comes out. Don't know how many guys are using gear oil though. Some are using Transmission fluid. I use Poo Syn Chain Case Oil. They sell it by the quart for far less than the small Doo bottle.
I am using cold weather grease. Can't remember the brand right now. I grease the skid after I wash it after each trip.

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
I also run the doo synthetic chaincase oil, one of these small bottles is enough to do the change plus a little extra, I always have used mobile one synthetic grease on my sleds. I would think that if you were gonna use different oil I personally would go with 75-90 synthetic if I needed to do it with something else.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Oil and Grease

Mobile One 75W-90 and Mobil One grease are my first choice. Any other quality brand of synthetic will work fine as well. XP/XM takes about 12 oz to make it come out the hole.

Premium Features