• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOONDOCKER -XM'S

J

JoJack

Jan 12, 2013
Interesting how they are always at the fall snow shows (3 yrs running now) promoting their new setup up year- after-year, YET you'll never see or hear of anyone who actually has one on the snow. Their Polaris and AC business must be so good they don't care about the Doo business.

Here it is almost Feb 1 and there's no videos of Rasmussen either. Unreal. You would have thought BRP would have been all over that investment. Good news is, it has allowed several small builders to get into the market this year without having to worry about a BD market share impact.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
it is funny. the best part is as far as fueling, everyone else is just doing a simple piggback extra injector setup. its nothing wild for fueling and not like they are fighting these things super hard like the Pro's.

whatever.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
a couple of my customers have been riding with some of brand x sponsored riders and they are reporting that brand x is not running at all. Our sled was laying it down. so much that the other guys would not even throw a leg over ours. :cheer2:

Just go with a company that has been doing doo for a long, long, long time and forget about the big box guys that could careless about your riding experience.

JMO:face-icon-small-win

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
a couple of my customers have been riding with some of brand x sponsored riders and they are reporting that brand x is not running at all. Our sled was laying it down. so much that the other guys would not even throw a leg over ours. :cheer2:

Just go with a company that has been doing doo for a long, long, long time and forget about the big box guys that could careless about your riding experience.

JMO:face-icon-small-win

Vids please.

J

JoJack

Jan 12, 2013
PLEASE,, just someone post a picture or video of his BD kit actually running.. or at least ONE PERSON make a honest post to show there is actually a sled out there running with some minor details of how it runs, customer service, install, quality etc... All I have ever heard of is some in low elevation Canada and one being raced in hillclimbs.. I did hear a rumor of one running around Togwottee last week. They said it had lots of top end and no bottom end.. words were on/off.?

BTW..I don't know of any Monkeys that hang out in the mountains above 9K... kinda like this Gus guy.

It sounds like the Turbo Performance kits are a great option, who actually do what they say they are going to do...which is hard to come by these days..

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
http://youtu.be/bfSTeBY_HkE

This vid is unedited except hooking them together. It was taken in sheep creek. Up by Jackson Hole.

it is a slow vid but you can see the turbo in action slow in and out of throttle. I am showing this because guys already know turbo's are fast. But rideability is another thing. We have put a ton of time in on the etec. With the results showing up.

Ryan Harris and the crew took us into some amazing country. Thanks Ryan, Steve, And Wayne:D

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
That video didn't really show much...

Lets see him trying to climb between the rocks or something. At least get the guy on pro outta the way so he can tear up that hill side on the throttle without worrying about burying the guy.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Bridger MT
Video really doesn't show the problem spots. The on off throttle while climbing shows nothing. BD kit will do that all day and sound better. Want to see stopped or going down hill and then hammer on it all at once. No giving it a little to clean it out. That is the only spot the BD kit has at little issue. Mid and top end are great. Running 10 psi on 50/50 av and premium.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Bridger MT
Has anyone tried to increase the idle speed. My idles at about 1100 and the pro turbo I ride with idles around 2 to 2200. If I keep the rpm up it doesn't load up as bad on bottom.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I ran 30% 110 and 70% premium non ethanol pump gas for 2 years without any problems and 10.3lbs of boost. 08 xp. stock head, stock compresion, stock every thing except spi single ring pistons. Just don't run spi dual ring pistons. they only lasted 5 rides before the piston broke off above the top ring. unload at 5,000' some times. most riding 6,000' and up.

A
Feb 2, 2013
Etec 800 turbo problems bd

Trying to figure out this new programmer its not lo md hi now it's rpm throttle position. Bd sent me some numbers 7300 7400 max any help

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
PLEASE,, just someone post a picture or video of his BD kit actually running.. or at least ONE PERSON make a honest post to show there is actually a sled out there running with some minor details of how it runs, customer service, install, quality etc... All I have ever heard of is some in low elevation Canada and one being raced in hillclimbs.. I did hear a rumor of one running around Togwottee last week. They said it had lots of top end and no bottom end.. words were on/off.?

BTW..I don't know of any Monkeys that hang out in the mountains above 9K... kinda like this Gus guy.

It sounds like the Turbo Performance kits are a great option, who actually do what they say they are going to do...which is hard to come by these days..

Ride Rasmussen Style on Facebook has a couple videos to see

J

JoJack

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks.. went to his facebook page and found a video of a clinic rider on a stocker but no turbo video.. i saw a blog on his website where he said it was working well etc... but no video.?

Last edited:

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks.. went to his facebook page and found a video of a clinic rider on a stocker but no turbo video.. i saw a blog on his website where he said it was working well etc... but no video.?

All the videos I saw had turbos. You can hear them spoil up. If its a skidoo he is riding it had a turbo.

Premium Features