• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More time on the Pro...I'm liking this!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
So I got out again today. Snow conditions were much more snow packed but I got to do some more break in on the motor.

I'm really digging the motor! The power is great and no dips in the power band. This sled really pulls hard! I can't imagine how it could be less than 150 hp like so many have said. Another pleasant surprise is that the track seems to hook up much better on the Pro than the IQ. It's early and maybe I'll feel different when we get more snow, but the track doesn't seem to spin in place like it did on the IQ. It hooks up and pulls hard. Mountainhorse is probably laughing at me, but I just might keep the track on if it performs this well all the time. I was able to pull 8150 RPMs but I didn't have very good straight aways on the hard pack. The record feature is really cool!

Now for the bad. Good news is the new shocks are much better than the old WE's on the Dragon. Bad news is that they do not rebound and respond as quickly as I would like. My buddy did Evol R's on his Pro Ride and I was very impressed with how the sled handled. Then I got on mine and realized that the stockers need work/replaced. Options include a Holz WE upgrade, Fox Evol R's or Zbroz XO's (!!!!!). Several might be happy with the fronts. The back is solid so far, but I haven't hill climbed yet.

This sled is absolutely awesome! If you have one, be exicted...very excited.

attachment.php

attachment.php

PA300067.jpg PA300072.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bug ...Awesome report... And photos !!!

I'm sure many are jealous.

As far as the rebound... Did you spend any time dialing in ride height and spring preload on the front and rear.

No laughing on the track on my part... I'm stoked it is as good as you expected it to be!!

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Great pictures looks great on the snow do the running boards keep the snow off as good as the pictures show

I think they do, is this surprising though? They're wide open...From the tubular support to the tunnel with nothing in-between you could still get snow to pack in under the right conditions.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Great pictures looks great on the snow do the running boards keep the snow off as good as the pictures show

Yes and no. Anything was better than the IQ raw. But unfortunately there was still more build up than I liked. I still kicked some buildup off. I saw Rob's Better Boards at the snow show and I like how they fit the Pro Ride. I like that the cleat is lower than the outside bar/edge. I'll get some more time and and if it continues to buildup, I'll get some BB's.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Great report~!

You guys don't NEED Better Boards and can always save the $200 bucks..JUST KEEP KICKING...KICKING....KICKING...KICKING....KICKING

Here are the benefits:
You get such a better work out with stock. KICK KICK KICK SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE STOMP...repeat action ect ect ect

Here is the technique which is most effective...I think it was going to be in Burandt's SCHOOLED 1 but then they went all BETTER BOARDS and that aspect was cut out.

a one a KICK, a two a KICK, a three a KICK...scrape forward...scrape backward..turn
repeat
KICK KICK KICK..scrape forward...scrape backward complete turn 2
repeat..normal people stop and rest.

Those in better physical shape go another turn......brap

Now the final benefit is that you can take your $200 that you saved on BETTER BOARDS and ALMOST afford to buy some new riding boots. Maybe you can get some slightly used ones in swap from someone who bought BETTER BOARDS?
attachment.php

packed inferior stock running boards on the PRO.jpg

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Rob is a good salesman. BB worked awesome on my 08 D8. Look at the snow on the track below the running boards. Its almost looks like the snow was shoveled on the running boards and it fell thru and piled up on the track. There is no snow on the track behind the board. Its a good sales pictures and BB do work well.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Carl's is also doing a rebuild of the new W/E shocks that makes them perform like Fox Zero Pros. As light as that sled is I would not spend the money to put Evols on it. I also prefer Zero Pros since you don't have to worry about air pressure changes.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Bug, if you post one more frickin' picture of ridin' already...... I'll.........I'll..........I'll...............
Crap, I'll look, and look and look!

Can't wait!

Bag

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
...one more pic!

Rode last night for a couple hours. We beat around some old logging roads. Always good to get out even if we have to stay on the roads.

attachment.php

PB040068.jpg

Premium Features