• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
From Ty4stroke:The wife went to the local dealer to get some cloths to put under the tree for me and they were all but sold out and the dealer said good luck getting any of the old stuff yamaha is changing everything for 2014. new logo new sled the whole nine yards has anyone else heard this rumor? personaly I hate thease threads that go on for ever but cant help but ask when it comes from the dealer.

Local dealer was told to fire sale their Yami inventory and doubled factory rebates, new stuff coming!
They had a new mountain sled ready to release over 2 years ago...im guessing the economy put the brakes on that move. It should be refined and lighter by now if they stuck with the development of that chassis.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Polaris will never be gettin the arctic cat motor. The motor is actually designed by cat and contracted to Suzuki, kinda like Polaris did with the driveshafts, only better. And I don't see cat using the Yamaha motor, cat is the leader on four stroke atv, and why would they have come out with a factory turbo that will handle 275 on pump fuel an has been dynoed by speederx at over 600 horse on stock internals. Maybe they are going to collaborate on something like a chassis, but I don't believe either will be using each others parts

Sent from my iPhone via magic!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Polaris will never be gettin the arctic cat motor. The motor is actually designed by cat and contracted to Suzuki, kinda like Polaris did with the driveshafts, only better. And I don't see cat using the Yamaha motor, cat is the leader on four stroke atv, and why would they have come out with a factory turbo that will handle 275 on pump fuel an has been dynoed by speederx at over 600 horse on stock internals. Maybe they are going to collaborate on something like a chassis, but I don't believe either will be using each others parts

Are you an idiot? Arctic Cat four wheelers suck. Especially their engines. Who is the leader in four stroke Atv engines? I'll let the past 5 years of gncc championships speak for that...
What will Yamaha have new for this year? New cross over and trail sled. Mountain segment will see bng's.
Maybe we could see at least one of these threads stay on track?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I could see Cat trying to collaborate with Yami, (already had Kawi and Suzuki) they will need help with engine development and mfg after losing Suzuki. Did Cat wanted to part with Suzuki after the recent success with the 2strokes?? Yea right. I cant see a small co. like Cat being able to lay out the costs of engine development while enduring the massive warrantee issues and poor sales the last couple years. Doing this on their own would likely put them under, especially if the new motors have issues.
Sorry to get thread off track.....but what technology might Yami need from Cat?

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--CAT has a 2 stroke motor ready to go. It was going to go in the 2012 sleds for 50th aniv. ProClimb sleds.

--There is a thread and patent info around here somewhere that one of the Cat engineers posted

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/7168401.html

--It is semi-direct injection which is the best design for power, cooling, and lubrication ---- should rip

---Cat can run 1 more year to 2014 with Suzuki if they want and I hope they do -- don't mess with the best and get the replacement as good or better

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

mabey you should read this
This is as simple as it gets for adding serious HP to your 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo sled. We have developed our own software that will allow us to reprogram the stock ECU to adjust fuel, boost limits, timing and waste gate activation / deactivation RPM. With this software there are no limits to what we can do to unleash the most power from your 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo. All of these great features allow us to produce up to 290+ HP on the stock 1100 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB Turbo. ECU boxes that are sent in will be remapped within 1 business day for a fast and speedy turn around. For those that cannot wait, we have core boxes on hand ready to be sent out.

ECU mapping is available in 2 different forms. Our single map version were we can put any single map in your box, or our multi map function that allows us to run up to 4 different maps at one time and you can select on the go (real-time) which map you would prefer to run. Both set-ups look stock and can easily be hidden from your competition.

Base maps available: (NOTE: All HP Claims are with an intake temperature of 100 F° and higher! Normal operation is 60 F°!)
NOTE: All of our fuel maps feature anti-lag mapping. Our mapping not only makes more power, it also makes your sled quicker. This results in better acceleration and throttle response.

87 octane safe trail map 177 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
91 octane safe trail map 210 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
91 octane safe trail map 240 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
110 + octane or Speedwerx Meth injection lake race 260 hp w/ Speedwerx light weight muffler.
114 + octane 290+ hp with our Speedwerx waste gate mod.
Custom DRAG RACE maps with stutters/launch features. Call for more information.

BETTER FUEL ECONOMY:
Our 210 & 240 HP maps improve fuel mileage by up to 2 gallons per tank compared to stock. Over time the mapping will pay for itself!

NOTE: You must send your ECU box to us for re-mapping or call and arrange for an exchange!

have yet to see a 1100t that would hang with a tnytro in the mountains dont care what it does on a drag track:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win
oh would love to see that 600hp stock internal 1100t:flame:

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
I personally hope that yamaha is not using a single arctic cat part on this new sled. Yamaha quality is on a whole different level. Cat chassis/drivetrain is junk imo. If this is a yamaha motor in a cat chassis i will never buy it.

If cat wants to use yamaha motors in their sleds so be it, but i sure hope yamaha keeps building their own sleds. Yes Yamaha overbuilds some stuff, but at least you know its gonna be reliable.

Last edited:
T
Sep 7, 2008
Big Fish BC

Artic 1100 runs and handles good but how are you going to unleash all that power when you cant keep a belt on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
As far as I'm concerned, the yamaha chassis/suspension leaves nothing to be desired. It's poor in execution and poor in durability. If I'm stuck with a weak chassis, I'd prefer it worked(like the cat).

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Hearing the next gen of Yamis will be assembled in Thief River Falls. Anyone else hear this? :face-icon-small-sho

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Hearing the next gen of Yamis will be assembled in Thief River Falls. Anyone else hear this? :face-icon-small-sho

that would surprise me as i think the 120 was the first chassi ever outsourced by yammi they build everything in house.i would think ac would have to meet yammies quality control requirements.

Y
Nov 8, 2012
that would surprise me as i think the 120 was the first chassi ever outsourced by yammi they build everything in house.i would think ac would have to meet yammies quality control requirements.

They also have a wheeler (Grizzly 300) that is out sourced and "built to their specification" I never thought id see that...

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Yamaha used to build motors for Honda, and yamaha does not build cars so I can see them using cats chassis. Also yamaha has some new technology in 4 stroke outboard motors that are the lightest in the industry. Combing cat with a new yamaha motor could result in the lightest 4 stroke sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I personally hope that yamaha is not using a single arctic cat part on this new sled. Yamaha quality is on a whole different level. Cat chassis/drivetrain is junk imo. If this is a yamaha motor in a cat chassis i will never buy it.

If cat wants to use yamaha motors in their sleds so be it, but i sure hope yamaha keeps building their own sleds. Yes Yamaha overbuilds some stuff, but at least you know its gonna be reliable.

Don't expect to see Yamaha - Cat co-development for another year or so yet.

Sorta like the Polaris - KLIM deal.
They did an excellent job of keeping it quiet until they announced it.

B
Jan 1, 2013
Why would the best (Yamaha) pair with the worst ( Arctic Cat)? What would they offer each other? Yamaha certainly doesn't need Arctic Cat to survive.

Premium Features