• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Determining Riser Height

rmkelvis

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
What is the best method to determine the correct height of a handlebar riser?

I own a 09 600 sumitt and the stock riser seems just a little short.
I am 5' 11".
When in a standing position with a slight knee bend, I tend to be pulled forward off balance.

Your thoughts?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Do you have the block in line with the post or pushed forward? It should be close to the post angle or just slightly forward so you're not forced to reach or lean as far forward.

rmkelvis

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
It is just slightly forward so that I have as much weight as possible to the front of the sled. Also I have an ankle that is fused so my balance is not great.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You should be able to go 2" over stock without any wiring problems. You may need to reroute the throttle cable outside the block or wherever it gives you the most length. I did the same thing on my XP, just more comfortable and more leverage.

rmkelvis

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
Does an individual need to purchase a new riser or can you buy a 2" extension for the current riser?

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
I have gone from 4" riser on my 08 TNT mod to 8" with stock throttle cable and brake line .
Just need to arrange throttle cable and brake line to get most length
possible out of them. Brake line you have to rotate that 90 degree fitting
on the handle bar/brake that brake line is hooked to.

Good Luck

Premium Features