• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

G

GTfly4

Dec 25, 2010
South Dakota
In the patent filing , it looks like there are some notes pointing to the brake lever side of the handle bars. I keep wondering if there will be some sort of"lockout" function of this mono rail, if indeed it is coming?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Not to mention a much stronger single rail won't bend anywhere near as easy as the flimsy dual ones they have now :)

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I don’t want to complain on something that might move the sport forward. But I do t see how a single rail would be beneficial? I could be wrong but wouldn’t the track fold around the rail and the wheel in deep snow? Wouldn’t it feel very unsure on side hills?
I dunno could be wrong maybe it’ll be the next best things

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I don’t want to complain on something that might move the sport forward. But I do t see how a single rail would be beneficial? I could be wrong but wouldn’t the track fold around the rail and the wheel in deep snow? Wouldn’t it feel very unsure on side hills?
Pretty tough to make any sort of assumptions on something we know nothing about. I bet if it is something we see there will be benefits, just a guess :face-icon-small-win

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

I am sure there were people that didn't want independent front suspension because the trailing arms were more stable on the trail... I think after riding them we can all agree the IFS was a huge step towards the modern sleds.

If cat releases a mono rail this may be the same type of thing in the future. I personally hope they do and I get to ride one and it is awesome. Because I love seeing the sport be pushed forward. Im also with you in that I hate the flex and unpredictability of the Doo track. But so do most of the cat engineers and test riders I have been around so I wouldn't expect it to perform in a similar manner. Hopefully we will know in 20 days if they are in fact using it and will get to start seeing them on the snow.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The monorail has been on the snow for a year and a half already, albeit in a snowbike kit.
I have not read any negatives.

Alpha Cat......

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I want a green and blue Alpha Cat....
If Purple is indeed the only option.... then i guess im ridin a purple sled.

Alpha Cat......

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If it's purple it better come with a Leopard print seat!

Seriously, metal flake purple with a leopard print seat a la 70s panther........I would buy that, even with a monorail. It may ride like **** but it'll make up for it in the parking lot.

I'm not even kidding. The retro Polaris pro graphics look badass IMO.

Last edited:
S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
It would be cool to bring back the old purple.
But honestly I just want pictures to know what’s coming lol to know if the gf is selling her 6000 and getting my mountain cat?

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN

I agree with you. If its out there....it must work. I'm guessing it would be more beneficial to the agile rider who can really get after it in the back country. I would think riding it 20 miles to get to that untouched powder...not so much fun.

Time will tell. Anticipation is fun!

Premium Features