• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$180 dollar belt REALLY

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Came off an 08 XP myself, and paid 150ish for a few belts... If you were or are getting them for 90$ then stock up and sell brother cus that's a steal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I agree but I just checked my receipt actually 89.95. Maybe the dealer screwed up. I was wandering why everyone else was talking 150. And the dealer just got bought out so that is probably going to end

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
I wanna know where you were getting BRP belts for $90 for your XP, and what ones you were running.... More like $160-180 so the Polaris are right in line with the rest of them (And I ride an XP). Going from my MM ($60 belt) to the XP belt price shock was huge and they don't last anywhere near as long! But prices continue to go up, cause if you wanna play you're gonna pay and the companies know that.

I checked my receipt obviously the dealer goofed, in fact I have two receipts at 89.95 some times we don't know when we are looking the gift horse in the mouth

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Good stuff

Good stuff I'm ordering a gates g force12 and for the Xp owners two receipts at 89.95 however the dealership changed so my gold mine probably just dried up. I'll let you guys know the snow is building up whoo whoo

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yep... $180 per.

I've talked to the people at Gates, Dayco, and Goodyear.

They don't have anything that is as robust as the 115 belt... If you find yourself blowing a 115 belt often, even with a turbo, something is wrong with your sled (clutching [offset, springs/helix, bushings, balance, deflection, side clearance] alignment, mounts etc)

Most of the sleds that I take care of are getting 1500+ hard miles out of the belt even with the turbos.

The 115 belt from Mitsuboshi (no Mitsubishi) was brought out in 2007 for the 900 Rmk belt eaters... They were the only ones that could tollerate the issues.

That being said... you should be pulling your belt every 3rd ride or so... and scrubbing it with a stiff brush and dish soap (you actually need to scrub it not just wash it) and cleaning your clutches with a mild scotchbrite pad (gray) and follow with a brake-cleaner or acetone wipe and clean paper towels till you get no residue on the towel. I've see stock 800's with proper clutching and gearing get over 3000 miles on a 115 belt when working right.

IMO...The 115 belt IS the best belt for the money.

I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
don't those gates belts explode,the last one I had on my 01 rmk 800,with pipes exploded on a climb almost totaled machine cause belt let go so quick I was going backwards,havent used them since

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
Decided to give the gates Xtreme: 44X4640 a try, $66 shipped to my door. Cleaned with mild soap and warm water, and 25 miles of trail to break it in. 2 rides later it's pulling cord (pretty much done!). Do yourself a favor and spend the money on poo belt. You get what you pay for.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
115 for me and like MH said clean them and clutches they last 2000 miles.

Premium Features