• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What will it take before you change brands

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
A school girl that was breaking trail for your *** all day :face-icon-small-win

Well I would hope so when you your working with an extra 50 hp and like 200 lbs. Don't make me break out my old junk and show you what a real turbo does.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
The 2017 850 in my avatar is my sled I rode last season. I switched to a 2018 MTN cat ES 162 this year and lets just put it this way, I don't plan on switching back anytime soon...:usa:

slabman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2008
2013 polaris 800 pro 155 1000 miles , 1600 km blew my first belt, skidoo never has figured out clutching they just to arrogant to admit it at least the other dealers went with a specialized clutching company for there sleds. Bombadier with our tax money that you get free and waste and junk you build you should give all us Canadians a free sled

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now that's funny!

Hey Christopher - to be helpful, could someone post a survey for G4 owners regarding this belt blowing issue? Structured something like have you blown a belt in 500 mile increments? 2017vs2018? I see there are obviously issues with some, but it's hard to reach any conclusions on how bad it really is. Having gone through Arctic cat belt and clutch nightmares, I'm hesitant to do that again. I have spent some time on a G4 and it is an amazing sled and wouldn't mind owning one. However, having blown belts on very steep climbs in the past, I'm very aware it isn't just a $$ issue.
I can, but I don't think it will do any good.

Here is the problem with online Polls.
Those that have a motivation to reply, WILL.
Those that don't have any skin in the game won't.

That means the majority of replies will ONLY come from those that have had troubles or problems.

The results of this kind of a "Voluntary" poll are always lopsided in the negative.

Premium Features