• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New guy to washington state looking to ride

I
Feb 15, 2009
Hey Guys,

I'm a military pilot that just moved to the state of Washington. I'm on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle and was looking for a local rider who could maybe show me the spots to ride and give me a feel for mountain riding. I drove Highway 20 east till the road closed and I want to ride pretty bad. I'm originally from Ohio, and consider myself a experienced trail and ditch banging rider/sled mechanic. I'm 26 years old and like to have a good time. I know NOTHING about Washington or Mt. riding. My sled is a 2001 yamaha sxr...would i be alright if i stay out of the powder? I would appreciate anyone who is in the area and would show me around. please!!!! i got the fever!
isaackeever@gmail.com

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
How 'bout a trade...? :p

A few flights for a few rides...?? :D

Wouldn't worry much about staying out of the powder much...just hasn't been much.

I suspect you won't have much trouble hooking up around here. And BTW, a BIG thank you for your service.
thumbup1.gif
Welcome.

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
I second the BIG thanks for the Service! Just post here a couple of days before you want to ride and there should be some takers. Make sure you have some ice scratchers before you head out. We might do HWY 20 next weekend if you are interested.

SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
North Bend,Washington
welcome

If you were a Harrier Pilot you could hover around Mt.Baker...facing NORTH..and give it full throttle and draw some of that Alaska cold air down here so we get some decent snow! Anyway thanks for your dedication and service ,and enjoy the sledding!

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Well,,, your deffinately NOT affraid of heights, hiway 20 is a good ride but if your ridding a short track trail sled it could be a little challenging. Most of the riding in this area is in the mountains. Check with Mr. Prez on here he is the prez of the local sled club NorthWest Glacier Cruisers they have a web site also but I don't know it off the top of my head,welcome and have some fun!!!

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Welcome and again, THANKS for your service. I'm on the east side of the State if you ever have a will to come over. There are good trails here leading to some moderate mountain riding and just north of the border in Canada they groom up to the alpine. You could see some great stuff. I would also be glad to put you on one of our Mountain sleds to let you get addicted to the steep n deep. Might not be as many G's as the high n dry, but I bet you'ld like it.

Lots of good options out there for ya. Welcome again. EW

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
THANKS for your service.....

we'll be at Fish Lake this weekend (Hwy 2 east past Steven's Pass and before you get to Leavenworth) - lot's of trails, but we find the good stuff too - good place to try your hand at playing in the trees.... not a ton of hills, but we usually get to a few.... if you're interested, pm me

also, in my sig line is the url for the NW Glacier Cruisers snowmobile club mentioned above.....

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
THANKS for your service.....

we'll be at Fish Lake this weekend (Hwy 20 east past Steven's Pass and before you get to Leavenworth) - lot's of trails, but we find the good stuff too - good place to try your hand at playing in the trees.... not a ton of hills, but we usually get to a few.... if you're interested, pm me

also, in my sig line is the url for the NW Glacier Cruisers snowmobile club mentioned above.....

Sorry but don't you mean hwy 2 east? ;)

As previously stated by most above, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! :beer;

My bro is in the Air Force too. He gets some time in the air too, but as a flight surgeon.

I usually ride quite a bit around the Cle Elum area (east over I-90), but this year has been slow for me as I am recovery from rotator cuff surgery. Just planning on doing some easy trail riding for a bit- that is if we get more snow.

Welcome to WA State.

Premium Features