• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rmk900 2006

W
Dec 29, 2009
i have a 2006rmk 900.... ever since i had the tank recall done on it at about 6000 feet it cuts out acts like it goes into limp mode.... checked and changed all electronics.... any body ever have this problem?

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
i have a 2006rmk 900.... ever since i had the tank recall done on it at about 6000 feet it cuts out acts like it goes into limp mode.... checked and changed all electronics.... any body ever have this problem?

sure did...but it flashed a code for me, it was the egt that was bad...acted the exact same way

W
Dec 29, 2009
yea mine the engine check light came on then it would like fix it self for a minute then right back but the light would never tay on long enough to check it.... well i will have to try that thank you

H
Nov 11, 2009
maybe a pinch in the fuel line or something along the line with that or the fuel filter being clogged. how many miles are on the sled and how long ago was the tank switched out?

W
Dec 29, 2009
1100 miles on sled went through replaced fuel filter check fuel lines and wires for anything wrong..... it only does it in elevation not in the valley it is very weird

H
Nov 11, 2009
you might to flash or reset your computer system as it may have mixed things up when they replaced the tank. does it do it readomly or at a certain elvation each time. elevation does a lot of screwy things with the electronic parts of things

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
check your fuel VENT line from your tank..it can be kinked bu the tank or the way its routed

also check your exhust bellows..(oil on top of the bellow means you have holes in them and needs replaced..it can cause a bad bog around 6000rpms, but not a check engine light ?

Premium Features