• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is up with search?

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
I go to use the search function, I type in "hcr" in keyword and want to find only thread titles with this in the title and it comes back "no matches" what gives I can go through page by page and find titles with "hcr" in the title but the search engine won't pull them up. What gives?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Use google.

Include site:snowest.com/forum in the search query.

Better results faster. And it'll let you search for 3-letter words.

Only thing it won't do is advanced search, like searching only posts by a certain user or posts in a specific forum/subforum.

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
well thats th problem is that all i want to search is thread titles and only in the AC forum. Although I suppose I would like a site wide title search. I'll give google a try. The regular every post search works fine but I get like 700 threads and so I am still stuck searching manually through alot of unrelated material

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Include a few more search terms, like "Arctic Cat" or even just Cat.

Fortunately most of the relevant threads are already sorted in the arctic cat section. Much like searching the entire site for "Dragon 800" will return most of the results from the Polaris section.

Premium Features