• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fix for hard throttle pull??

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Anyone out there find a reliable fix for the hard throttle pull on the xp? I don't mind it most of the time, but find I want to feather it more in troubled areas. Wondering if it is part of my problem getting out of control.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
on my 670 i clipped the slide spring. Don't know if it works on flat slides (XP)

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I rode an older 900 cat with flat slides. It even had a better feel. Anyone know if the spring are interchangable? I'm even thinking part of the problem of the sled lifting is me harder on the throttle. Especially in the trees. I put the 2.5 camo on and it seems to hook up even harder.

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
I would love to lighten it up a little as well, I remember something on dootalk about cutting the spring down, but I think some were having sticky slide issues? Is that the only option?
P

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
skidoo released a workout video for the fix...

I will definetley be saving that link to send to all my buddies with XP's. Made my thumb hurt just watching!!

More real world practical I think you can get a half a wind off the spring which
I did and then also lost the oil injection. But my XP TNT longtrack only Weighs
365 lbs which makes everything seem easy!!

Good Luck

P1000109(1).JPG

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I like a good laugh. Usually new jokes. Not the same one over and over. Thumbs up to the thumb push ups. ( pun intended ) And even the old fart.
Maybe deaner could have posted a joke and a intelligent sugestion for a fix. It gets old on here sometimes when you are trying to help someone or get help, and someone puts the same old crap on right away.
deaners thread on product reviews would have been easy to joke at, just thought it was too good to ruin with my humour.
For the record, if some young guy puts me in my place.......my hats off to him. But I'm sure he would think twice the second time.

For someone who cares to help........one of the problems I have is that my hands are big and even though I have moved the throttle and brake lever in, I find it difficult ( not hard ) to feather the throttle. If I move over to side hill on the right, I drop my finger under for the throttle and same thing. The on or off feel doesn't cut it. I want better.

Premium Features