• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 helmet

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
SO i see there has been alot of 509 bashing because of delivery, well i pre ordered in the summer, wasnt suppose to ship the the 12th of october and i got the mail notice on the 28th.

now thats not bad for canada, some times stuff takes months.....

As for the helmet its priddy cool, lots of vents and the goggles fit snug in the helmet so im predicting minimal wind getting through if any, the goggle nose guard is behind the helmet one so there is alot of wind protection for your face.

For cooler days i like to tape the mouth opening up on the inside with electrical tape and i probably will with this one too. i was considering getting a modular but i remember hating my full face when i was younger and i hated bulking up so much with a open face i didnt know what to do, this is the helmet and goggle combo to get and with a windproof balaclava thats shaped to your face it will be a great winter....

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I agree. Its a VERY nice helmet! I got the matte black and carbon fibre goggles. VERY sharp. I am looking forward to seeing how it performs this winter.

As for the 509 bashing, the only problem I have noticed is that communication can take a while. That being said I think it was worth the wait.

Also, a couple guys, myself included, have some fogging issues when breathing normally. Tom told us that it shouldn't be an issue as long as are moving. Unfortunately, I have to stop a lot at intersections or waiting for the wife. To Toms credit he purchased every universal breath deflector on the market and is going to start testing them and will let us know the results. That's top notch service right there!!!! Thanks Tom!!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
if fogging is an issue get the habervision eliminator..........its worth it. i never had a fogging problem with my dragons but i was wearing a neoprene face mask and over dressed and i was sweating so bad i was fogging up and it actually iced the fog and when i rubbed them the ice scratched the lens to ****.......luckly my local dealer hooked me up with about 6 lenses.

I need to get the habervision optical insert nomatter what because im sick of contacts, i only need glasses driving in low light so putting contacts in only when i sled is getting annoying, and contacts with cold dry air dont mix either

Edit, here are some pics...the blurry ones are suppose to show the area the foam fills up. i did notice some fogging with the helmet and goggles on, but i taped the bottom vents up on the goggles and there is hardly any fogging now.

P1020407.jpg P1020408.jpg P1020409.jpg P1020410.jpg P1020411.jpg P1020412.jpg

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Just picked up my matte black helmet, and goggles today, fits perfect. I agree with the first post on the protection offered with the helmet, goggle combo, should be nice and warm. The only issue I can see is trying to get the goggles out of the helmet opening when stopped to dig or what ever. I will for sure be getting the new magnet quick straps that they are selling.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
yah i find that too, i ususally just pull my helmet up on my forhead but i was thinking about getting quick straps again but it seems like it would be awkward everytime you put them on and take them off

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
I preorded and got mine a couple of weeks ago. Goggles and helmet seem very nice. I want to order their rare earth magnet quick strap set ups they show in the 2010 winter catelog that came with my stuff but I can't find it on their site.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
I preorded and got mine a couple of weeks ago. Goggles and helmet seem very nice. I want to order their rare earth magnet quick strap set ups they show in the 2010 winter catelog that came with my stuff but I can't find it on their site.

I believe Tom said they are not out on the market yet...SOOON!!!:beer;

F
Sep 6, 2009
My buddy was checkin em out at the snow show i kinda was but after coming home and feeling my helmet and some others on the market wish i would have atleast tried one on for a size, kicking myself for it now

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
The magnet straps (SNAPS) aren't out yet.

One thing about taking the goggles off when riding. What I do, is just leave them on the helmet, never take them off. Then just slide the whole works (helmet/goggles) off when parked.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
they didnt have the foggy x but they had the foggy and the local shop installed it and i cant tell its there but now matter how hard i breath out my goggles dont fog

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
didnt pick up the lid, but did get the goggles
they fit AMAZING to a regular MX helmet
I have a Suomy lid and they fit great

heres a few pics
GREAT product Tom!

Last edited:

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
I believe Tom said they are not out on the market yet...SOOON!!!:beer;

The magnet straps (SNAPS) aren't out yet.

One thing about taking the goggles off when riding. What I do, is just leave them on the helmet, never take them off. Then just slide the whole works (helmet/goggles) off when parked.

Thanks for the info. Thought I was crazy not being able to find them. They sound cool. I think I'm going to wait awhile for them. I've always used regular vecro type quick straps and they have always worked fine but these sound pretty good. I hope they're out soon.

Premium Features