• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Not too worried about 2021 right now. I try to focus on what is here and now. 2018 sled is an awesome machine. They will be better every year forever. A lot of guys get so caught up on not doing something this year because next year might be better............it should be, will you be?

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Not too worried about 2021 right now. I try to focus on what is here and now. 2018 sled is an awesome machine. They will be better every year forever. A lot of guys get so caught up on not doing something this year because next year might be better............it should be, will you be?

Were you not the one a couple posts ago that was trying to convince people that there is going to be a new chassis for 2019? If you are worried about about the here and now and people not doing something this year that is a good way to ruin things!! I know the 18 is a good Sled I have a few of them. I simply was trying to state there will not be a new chassis for 19. The 2019 sleds will be better!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
No. You may have mis-read me. I was replying to a post saying that they were not going to buy a new sled until Cat had a new chassis. I think we are on the same page. No new chassis and good refinements for next year will make an awesome sled better.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
A little bit of a new chassis every year for 8 years=new chassis.

Cat is leading the mountain segment now due to refinements.

Man I would love to see Cats success. Also would love to see a new Chassis. Push the envelope. I just don’t know that the numbers support the above statement. Do you have some Data to back this up Racin? I’ve always tried to find numbers on how many current year models are sold in the US between the top 3. My experience is that the manufacturers don’t share those numbers for current year. Look back numbers are useful but don’t provide a snapshot of the current market.
One thing I know for sure.
Sitting idle on the laurels of your success won’t result in continued success. Especially in a market as fickle as powersports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Sitting idle on the laurels of your success won’t result in continued success. Especially in a market as fickle as powersports.

look at a 16 to 17MC to an 18.... look at a polaris now. who sits idle?
somehow it works for polaris but not for long unless THEY make a new chassis.
and motor:)
they will too, so around and around we go:face-icon-small-coo

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
look at a 16 to 17MC to an 18.... look at a polaris now. who sits idle?

somehow it works for polaris but not for long unless THEY make a new chassis.

and motor

they will too, so around and around we go:face-icon-small-coo

Think you misunderstood my post. I wasn’t speaking to one brand or other regarding sitting idle. Just not a healthy business model for any business.

Always been a big fan of spiral development. (Building on previous generations technology in small increments) Makes sense. We just happen to be a woefully unforgiving lot as riders and critics.

I do believe that we will see a new chassis from cat soon.

Last edited:

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
I am hearing a lot about a new motor from poo. Long overdue. The 16 motor imo was not new in any fashion. Just an improvement.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Man I would love to see Cats success. Also would love to see a new Chassis. Push the envelope. I just don’t know that the numbers support the above statement. Do you have some Data to back this up Racin?

I asked for some dyno numbers last year from Racin, for his flash he offered on the 12-17 cat 800's, still waiting. "It really rip's" is how it's advertised, just wanted some proof.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I asked for some dyno numbers last year from Racin, for his flash he offered on the 12-17 cat 800's, still waiting. "It really rip's" is how it's advertised, just wanted some proof.

you will get the same thing for Carl's bb 900 but you have to put down 6k after all is said and done.
nobody likes to give out numbers anymore...

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
you will get the same thing for Carl's bb 900 but you have to put down 6k after all is said and done.
nobody likes to give out numbers anymore...

Please explain how a “flash” is comparable to a BB?
Just curious if that was what you were saying. Doesn’t sound like something even you would claim.
The “numbers” I was referring to are the sales numbers. Racin said that cat was clearly the mountain sled of choice these days, and I was looking for sales numbers of mountain sleds to support that.

BTW, I’m not saying that AC is not the leader in the mountains right now. Was just looking for some data.

Last edited:

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Just curious if that was what you were saying. Doesn’t sound like something even you would claim.
The “numbers” I was referring to are the sales numbers. Racin said that cat was clearly the mountain sled of choice these days, and I was looking for sales numbers of mountain sleds to support that.

BTW, I’m not saying that AC is not the leader in the mountains right now. Was just looking for some data.

Leading product does not always mean leading sales numbers. There are a lot of other factors involved in a purchasing decision besides what is the best product (marketing, brand loyalty, dealer, service, perceived value, etc...). And there is no quantitative test to determine which product is the best so it is ultimately an opinion. And what is "best" for one person may not be the best for another. Everyone is an expert boondocking champ on the internet, but in reality most people ride very different and with very different skill sets...which means each sled will perform different for each person.

J
Jan 7, 2016
I think the the "Ascender" is the new chassis just like Doo did with the XP to Xm and Poo did with the Pro to the Axis As much as Id like to see a new ground up chassis I think its 5 years away. Im sure well see advancements till then. Shot style system etc.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Hearing Polaris coming out with a new motor (850), and cat workin on an H.O. version of the ctec2, not sure if itll nake the 19 line-up. That mono-skid gonna be intetesting....hopefully works good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

He was comparing the lack of data/dyno sheets of both, not the performance.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
18 Cat VS 18 SkiDoo 850

Up at mt Adams yesterday got a chance to ride the new cat and race em up hill. My sled is an 850 165 x 3" all stock except for the SHR clutch kit. My buddies 800 153 all stock except for an evolution can from a 2014 cat. Snow conditions where ok deep enough to get a good comparison. We started on a pretty steep hill so we didn't have a chance to get a run at it or anything. The cat jumped the 850 out of the hole every time. By 1 - 1.5 sled lengths and they where dead even the rest of they way up the hill picking up speed pulling hard the hole way. I was very impressed with this cat not just the power but the hole chassis is unreal. Funny thing is about the race we where starting on a steep enough hill and digging a decent trench off the line would the 850 with the 165 have the advantage out of the hole? That new cat has a great rear skid under it and everything from the motor to clutching to chassis works togeather very well. If SkiDoo doesn't get there s**t togeather with the clutching they will have to build a 950 to keep up with the cats in 2019. Just a side note always hated the cat chassis and the gutless low end bog. You couldn't pay me to ride a 17 cat all day thies 18 cats are the real McCoy. Wish I could have rode the 850 and the CAT for a day before I bought my sled.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
It is the lake of paper to back up said claims. after poo got pinched on the dragon not producing "advertised HP number" about this time you noticed the only people producing dyno numbers are "3rd party test labs"

Now on to the post about the 153x3x15 cat V the 165x3x16 doo. I would have lost the bet the shorter track would have won.
the 18 cat does come out of the hole faster and after you ride one it messes with your brain when your moving at 2400 rpm and not having to wait until 4k for the clutching to get going.

IMO clutching and gearing have a lot to play in the prime area of efficiencies

Snoballs why is a poo guy trolling in the 18 up cat section...... ;)

Last edited:

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I think sales, especially in its first year have little to do with whether the AC is the best mountain sled or not, It would take years for them to get back to having the same sales figures as BRP or Polaris, and they may never do that unless Texron starts spending way more on marketing, even if they do keep up the development and keep their sled technically ahead of the others.

What I look at is the reviews by the publications, and riders comments on forums, this is the first time for a long time that they are pretty much all saying the Cat is the best of the mountain 2 strokes. For years is was always in 3rd place in reviews, then in 2016 it started getting mentioned for most improved, and being best rated in certain segments of any competition. This year they seem to agree that those constant improvements, plus the clutch and motor have finally brought them to the top. But it is something you have to keep striving for, if Polaris comes out with a new motor, or Skidoo figures out its clutches and it could all slip away again. Maybe with Texron they will now have the budget to keep the development rate up so they don’t fall behind like before.

Premium Features