• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Towing inline 29' with Acadia

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Seriously, for the safety of yourself and OTHERS I wouldnt. A 29’ trailer will throw around a full size truck in the wind.

Get a 2 place open and a cover, your buddys can do the same.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
We own an Acadia and sometimes pull our boat (18' I/O) to the lake (When we use the truck to pull the camper)

There is no way I would pull anything larger than an open 2 place with 1 or 2 sleds on it in the winter with the Acadia.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I agree, don't do it....

On my way to Cooke City last month, just north of Gardner, MT the road was somewhat icy. There was a cross wind from left to right and I was running about 50 MPH. I had just put it 4WD a few miles before and thank God I did. I looked in my left mirror and only saw a sliver of the v on my trailer, looked at the right mirror and saw 3/4 of the right side of the trailer. Like I mentioned, I had already put the truck in 4WD, so I gave it some throttle and the trailer came back. Needless to say I slowed down to about 40 or so. It took a few miles for the heart rate to come down. This could've turned into a disaster, but attribute it not becoming one to having a 3500HD SRW crew cab truck with a topper, 200lbs of sand sitting between the wheel wells, truck tires being studded, it being in 4WD when I needed to accelerate to get the trailer back under control, and not panicking and hitting the brakes. The trailer is a 28' deck over enclosed (a huge sail).

Last edited:

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
agree with all of the don't do it reasons above, its not can it haul it, but, can it control, and stop it when needed?

but, if you need another one.. the acadia, traverse has the WORST TRANSMISSION GM EVER BUILT, in it, and will not withstand regular driving, let alone heavy towing, now mater what the capacity stickers and brochures state.

don't believe me, go look at the service bulletins where they extended the drive train coverage for this particular transmission. in my opinion... you will be severely shortening the transmissions (vehicle) useable life.

Ski

Premium Features