• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fix Kits!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
I spoke to Ted today at Terra Alps Racing & he has lots of kits in stock. I just blew my top end on my 13 pro with 2300 miles. I was hoping to make it to the end of the season but now have to tear down the motor to asses the damage. I will go with his product on this rebuild as I was not happy with the "THEFIX" kit used on my 10 Dragon that also lost a top end out in the back country.

subseaaddicted

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2011
PG
I have got about 1500miles on a terra alps kit this year with a Head, in my 2012 pro 800

Just checked compression and still got 125-127

I get a little DET if I run near the bottom of the heads elevation range.

I normally run 10L of 100LL in each tank and the thing runs flawless.

Had to add 2g to my primary otherwise I overreved in the superfluffy stuff.

Runs neck and neck with a buddy on a 2015, with a RKtech gen 1 kit and head.

So far i am happy. Super fast service also when I called via phone and ordered

KFSNOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
14 800 pro lost crank

Well a little off topic, my 14 pro broke the crank the sled has 3500 miles on it. I'm a little disappointed with this failure. I did put in RKTK pistons in last Jan at 2600 miles. Stock pistons looked good and cylinders also looked good. I only replaced because I was getting nervous about piston slap and breaking a piston skirt.

My biggest resistance to buying a Poo was the crank failure history, I've had 3 Yamaha 700 triples all with over 7K miles on them and no motor failures so I was hoping the new CFI-2 motors were going to have that kind of reliability!!!

So after talking with Indy Dan I purchased one of his LR Blocks so hopefully I'll get another 3500 miles out of his crank/block assembly. I like having the three year warranty!!I also had him balance up a new P-85 for it.

I've really enjoyed this post I've learned a lot from it.

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
cylinder prep?

If doing a piston swap kit is considered maybe a medium style upgrade for the home tinkerer to do.....what kind of cylinder prep are u guys doing before the swap out? "remembering clearly when my first engine popped....pemberton" ..... warranty.....my engine now has 300 miles on 2012 block....

Premium Features