• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Oil Tank Breather Options!

B
Mar 13, 2009
Libby Montana
you gotta get the jacobson roll over valve. Go to fourstrokesolutionsllc.com. got one on my phazer. Used it several times riding yesterday (by used it I mean had the sled not upright). Didn't lose a single drop of oil. Very nice product, easy to install. IMO its the best thing you can get for your yammi.

Y

yamboosta

Dec 5, 2007
Sedro-Woolley
Yes

Just put mine on and it is a super easy install. You also get a tether dead man
as well, BONUS. After cleaning up the oil mess i ordered the kit. :)

bigecb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
St. Michael, MN
Another thumbs up for this kit... works like a charm...

Even works great in the shop... used it when I put on a skid plate and had the sled on its side a few times...

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Another vote for the roll-over valve and it includes a shut-sown tether. I find the valve very useful in "manual mode" if I want to roll the sled over to get it unstuck. Just turn the key to the run position and pull the tether off and the valve closes. No more lost oil. I highly recommend the product. Very easy to install, great quality, and it basically looks like a factory item.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
I don't like the idea of a tether switch, can't imagine it would bode well with boondockin thru the trees?? Maybe some kind of mercury switch instead of the tether??? Sled rolls over and activates the mercury switch.....

T

traveler

Apr 30, 2008
Evergreen
I don't like the idea of a tether switch, can't imagine it would bode well with boondockin thru the trees?? Maybe some kind of mercury switch instead of the tether??? Sled rolls over and activates the mercury switch.....

Mercury switch, hummmm????
must work in the HVAC industry

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Just thinkin' out loud here and I am going to try something. I got the parts I need, (2) Hose coils (coils for the outside of 5/8" hose to allow you to bend it in a circle without the hose collapsing) and a 16" piece of 5/8" heater hose. I am going to do a circle as the hose comes off the tank and come around again to the same spot above the tank inlet and straight to the air box. The radius will be slightly higher then the tank when the sled is on it's left side. So in theory the oil will come out of the tank and shouldn't go up (as the hose will be slightly higher then the tank) and around and into the airbox? Sounds crazy, and way too simple? But worst case it should slow the flow........maybe I am just old and crazy?

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Im work on a valve that will have no tether and will just go in line right by the oil tank. no electronics thanks sledhead162

F
Dec 24, 2009
sask
Tool man let me know if your fix works. I need some pics to visualise were the tubing is routed. I like the idea of a mercury switch but wonder if there might be issues with constantly opening and closing when playing hard.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Has anybody tried a surge valve, roll-over valve, or a discriminator valve?
my designs for my roll over valve is done taking it to the cnc shop tomorrow hope to have it done for testing next week. It will be an in line valve right by the tank or i can build it right into my after market oil tanks. thanks Sledhead162

Premium Features