• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris P85 Drive Clutch Service/Setup/BluePrinting

Sticka

Premium Member
Mar 12, 2010
REM-DriLube

I can't find LPS-1 to lube and protect the P-85 weight wear surfaces, rollers, and bushings. Has anyone ever used REM-DriLube? It leaves a dry teflon coating that won't "sling." Bought a 4 oz aerosol can at Big R for $9.00. Seems like it might work well for this purpose...has anyone used this product for this purpose...thoughts? Thanks.

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Do u really need all the tools, just getting them slp is like 270usd, kind of expensive just to shim and replace buttons on primary.

D
Do u really need all the tools, just getting them slp is like 270usd, kind of expensive just to shim and replace buttons on primary.

We tear down clutch's everyday and I have never had a clutch come apart easy. Get the highest quality tools available or you will pay the price for saving a few bucks. The other option is to send it to a shop that specializes in clutch repair and save yourself a lot of head aches.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
We tear down clutch's everyday and I have never had a clutch come apart easy. Get the highest quality tools available or you will pay the price for saving a few bucks. The other option is to send it to a shop that specializes in clutch repair and save yourself a lot of head aches.

Another Option is to just sell your old one and buy a new take off.
Usually I can sell my old clutch for 150 bucks and buy a new one for 350.
Zero headaches......

Even with good tools (i've got em) replacing the buttons and rollers is like a 50-50 chance of breaking something.
Serious pain in the a$$

Premium Features