• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TVector not making Power

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Here is what the sled is:

2005 vector mountain
Custom mid mount turbo kit Gt2860rs .64 a/r housing
Clutching reccomendation from Powderlites

Motor is stock compression, stock cam timing, bone stock.

No the problem, Sled seems to run fine, doesn't pop or fart or anything. I have put probally 300 miles on it. It just doesn't seem to be making the madness that I have seen from other sleds. Also i was out riding it tonight and on a run accross the field and for a second there was insane power. Actually scared me so I let off. I could not make it do it again. It sounded very clean, and barked very loud, and sounded crisp.

The a/f runs 11.5:1-12.3:1m and pulls 8500 rpms no problem. So here is my question.

Where should I start checking things. Could it be possible the the slides are not opening all the way? That is kinda what it felt like. Maybe not a good reference for the carbs? I should be able to stand this thing on end and It won't.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I am betting boost leak. Cracked intercooler, ripped carb boot, broken fitting, etc. Check everywhere that air moves. I have a buddy that built a custom t-bo kit and he had some growing pains too.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Boost

Pressure test. I am going to do a pressure test tonight and see what I find. I really think it has most likely got to be in the carbs. The boost is not finicky and stays very steady. A bottle of soapy water and 20lbs of pressure will tell me what I need to know maybe.

Premium Features