• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for apex clutching how 2 and advice.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
hey guys , one thing i have overlooked over the years in improving my sled was clutching. for where ever i was riding i'd just use the little yamaha chart and slap in my spring and weights and left er at that. This year i really wanna get all the performance i can out of my yamaha and i would like anyones advice as i want to learn i can about clutching for better performance.

My apex is N/A but with close to 100lbs of weight shaved off the sled, i would like to go to a 19t top gear and my sled has a 162x16x2.5 camo extreme. My plan is to buy some adjustable weights but where do i start? what primary spring do i need to lookin into? and what about the secondary? what would a shockwave helix help me with?

so many questions so any help, hints, tips and advice greatly appreciated

thanks
spenser

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
as far as going adjustable you can get the shockwave helix. You adjust for your target RPMs with an allen wrench so it doesn't take long to get tuned in. The other thing you can do is get supertips which should help too. The guys a bikeman were really helpful when I ordered the ones for mine.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
thanks, so far i had supertips and shockwave in mind. i see u can get a supertips x version that provides harder, firmer shifts. i assume this would be beneficial to mtn riding?

Premium Features