• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable Riser

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I have a ROX adjustable and love the fact that its adjustable. my other sled just has a riser and I will be putting one of the new ones on it. BTW the new skidoo riser is way nicer than the ROX adjustable in strength, looks and usability.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
try it you may like it

I installed it and found out that I prefer the bars lower in the trees. I have better control with the bars below me with more room to bend my arms with the terrain. Plus much better lower on the trail in and out.

C
Feb 26, 2012
McCall, ID
Have it on my 14 XM

I've got the adjustable riser and leave it all the way down because I've found it's far better to ride in tight terrain with very low bars. Seems to be holding up just fine but I only have about 225 miles on the sled.

I knew inevitably this thread was going to go back to the typical "oh lower bars are the best for technical terrain..." which is completely off topic of what the original post was about (the durability and strength of the product itself). I ended up buying one and have put a few rides on it and am very pleased with the riser as it seems to be holding up well and is a quality product.

Thanks for those of you that actually helped answer my question.

Last edited:

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I believe the low setting is lower than the stock XM riser.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
With these risers at the lowest setting, arent they the same height as stock?

The lower one is 2 or 3 inches below stock. it's 5.1" and I can't remember if stock is 7 or 8.

The adjustable riser discussion is EXACTLY the discussion that leads to talking about what works in the trees or wherever, because someone can buy what they THINK they need, and then adjust it to try, and find out that being a stubborn azz "I need a 30" riser" rider isn't ACTUALLY an intelligent way to ride a sled if you want to ride technical terrain... so the adj. riser lets you have BOTH... which is pretty cool.

Btw, I adjusted mine up to 8" on the way out on some whooped trail last night ... it was awesome!(and they made can can's way easier, I always get hung up on my seat and land on one running board at 4 or 5") I'd never ride trees like that, but it was so nice for the ride back!!

Last edited:

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
riser

I got a sp 14 xm. I am 6'4", bar riser is 8" I believe, and is too short for me most of the time, I have always had tall bars, for no other reason to not hunch over and have to lean forward and ride one knee on the seat. I went up to RMS and they had a adjustable riser but it didn't appear it would adjust any higher than stock, but just lower. I loved the adjustability of the bars on my m sled. I put a amp forward riser and it allowed it to adjust for my height. Any ideas? thanks

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I got a sp 14 xm. I am 6'4", bar riser is 8" I believe, and is too short for me most of the time, I have always had tall bars, for no other reason to not hunch over and have to lean forward and ride one knee on the seat. I went up to RMS and they had a adjustable riser but it didn't appear it would adjust any higher than stock, but just lower. I loved the adjustability of the bars on my m sled. I put a amp forward riser and it allowed it to adjust for my height. Any ideas? thanks

There are 3 of them actually, one is for the X, starts at about 4.5, one is for the SP and starts at about 5, and there's a taller one, part number 860200972 which starts at about 8", and goes to approximately 12 feet or so. :D (250mm, which is about 10")

I wish there was one that was a little shorter for the flat bars. I went from a 4-6 last year, to the 5-8 this year, and 1" is a big difference. The rox wasn't easy to adjust like this one though, so I never changed it, and I'd take a beating riding whoops on singletrack or on the way out if I was on the trail... I love how easy this one is to use.

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
riser

so i bought the tall riser....$130 from local dealer. took it apart and made it adjust an additional .75 inches. It believe it will work great, and it had plenty of wire and cable/brake hose room. I am 6'4" and must have too of short of arms for a giant because if I listened to the info preached by the (pro's) on you tube, i would be hating life. It would be like moving my seat to full forward in my pickup, because jeff burton said i could go faster and drive better.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
so i bought the tall riser....$130 from local dealer. took it apart and made it adjust an additional .75 inches. It believe it will work great, and it had plenty of wire and cable/brake hose room. I am 6'4" and must have too of short of arms for a giant because if I listened to the info preached by the (pro's) on you tube, i would be hating life. It would be like moving my seat to full forward in my pickup, because jeff burton said i could go faster and drive better.

It sounds like maybe you weren't really listening then though. I've yet to hear of anyone saying to run way too short of a riser FOR YOU... the trick is to have it right FOR YOU... whatever that height may be. I've got one buddy (about your height) who has a 7" riser and it's PERFECT position wise for him.

It's not about everyone running the shortest riser there is, it's about being in the right position FOR YOU. If you stand straight up & your elbows are bent with your hands on the bars... you're not in a very good position for technical riding. The physics are really simple, it doesn't take Brett or whoever to say this for it to be the reality. It's amazing how people can't see past the term "lower". It's a relative term, not an absolute.

Last edited:

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
lower

lol, whoa whoa bc. lol. I apologize for throwing rocks at ur dog. Jeff Burton is awesome, and as for Brett I don't know him, should I?

F
Oct 13, 2013
They seem good and strong to me 270 lbs, haven't slipped yet. Even works pretty decent with the riser bag, just slide the bag up and flip the lever. Wish I had adjustable risers YEARS ago. Great way to experiment and find out what works in different situations. One of the first accessories I would suggest.

Premium Features