• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for ideas

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Cutting down a willow in the front yard and looking for ideas to salvage the stump and do something creative.

Going to have 30" diameter and 3' tall to work with.

Would love to carve something, but lack the talent.

Thinking a pub height table would be easy, but kinda gay if we don't use it.

Maybe use as a base for a Bucky (Wisconsin Badger) statue?

Ideas welcome!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
When you mentioned base, a wind vane (weather vane) came to mind. Or possibly a wind mill or bird feeder. I don't think I have any willows but do they sprout up new trees using the same root system like a maple or a birch?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thinking you should pay someone to carve a squinty faced Trump from the shoulders up. Put it on your porch.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Thinking you should pay someone to carve a squinty faced Trump from the shoulders up. Put it on your porch.
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
face-icon-small-happy.gif
Id buy one hahaha

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Cutting down a willow in the front yard and looking for ideas to salvage the stump and do something creative.

Going to have 30" diameter and 3' tall to work with.

Would love to carve something, but lack the talent.

Thinking a pub height table would be easy, but kinda gay if we don't use it.

Maybe use as a base for a Bucky (Wisconsin Badger) statue?

Ideas welcome!

I know by us there are a few people that will come out and do a carving for you and the prices are far cheaper then we expected. A friend had a couple bears done that were about 48" tall for a couple hundred if I remember right. So that might be worth looking into.

Otherwise.....You could start a Gnome Garden.

d278b68015f7fdce8301f95925651805.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I know by us there are a few people that will come out and do a carving for you and the prices are far cheaper then we expected. A friend had a couple bears done that were about 48" tall for a couple hundred if I remember right. So that might be worth looking into.

I would do that if I could find gnome figurings in some sick gnome orgy positions.
Now that would be cool!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.

Nice! Really nice. :face-icon-small-hap

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
that I am my friend
My daughter and I are headed on a road trip in October to Vegas. We may take a funky route and possibly go through Craig. We did go through there a few years back on a road trip to Vegas. Maybe we can hook up. Do you work at the power house?

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
My daughter and I are headed on a road trip in October to Vegas. We may take a funky route and possibly go through Craig. We did go through there a few years back on a road trip to Vegas. Maybe we can hook up. Do you work at the power house?
id love to hook up do lunch or dinner, I am a volunteer firefighter in Craig, and on a full time department also. then own a floor insulation business.

Premium Features