• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help: Camso DTS Brake Line question

A
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys,

Recently installed my 2017 Camso DTS 129 kit on to my 2009 KTM 530 EXC.

The brake line accidentally scratched the pavement on my way back home so most of the rounded end (that attaches to my handlebar) is gone and now the brakes are leaking.

Do you know if the end can be replaced or do I need to buy a brand new brake line?

I see the Camso stainless steel brake line 1847mm at 175$ (USD I believe)... a lot of $$$ for a brake line...

are there better brake lines I can upgrade to for cheaper or do I even need to go stainless?

Thanks in advance for your help!

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Stainless have more feel on dirt, but it doesn’t really matter on snow. Get it working as cheap as you can. Do not spend $175 for a brake line.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I agree with Need Powder. As long as you can find a line at the correct length, it will work just fine for the kit. There are very few times that I use the brakes on the snow where I need "just a little" - they are either all on, or all off.

The stainless braided lines were designed to allow little to no flex or "ballooning" of the line, which would cause a mushy feel in the brakes and a loss in braking feel and power. Not an issue on the snow.

find a second hand one if possible. A recycled line for $20 will work just fine.

Enjoy!

M
Jan 14, 2004
You can buy the ends, just take it to a hydraulic shop and have them swag on a new banjo fitting. Tell them its a clutch line because many shops wont touch brake lines. Should be about twenty bucks.

M5

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
You can buy the ends, just take it to a hydraulic shop and have them swag on a new banjo fitting. Tell them its a clutch line because many shops wont touch brake lines. Should be about twenty bucks.

M5

Often if you can convince them it’s not for on road (dot) use then they will build any brake line you want.

Premium Features