• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowbike airfork questions

A
Dec 30, 2021
Alaska
Hello, I am brand new to the snowbike world, as of today i purchased the kit (Timbersled riot s). I will be putting it on a 2017 ktm 450 sxf. the Shop i bought it from was trying to sell me on this extra shock/strut for my front suspension to keep my forks from bottoming out. They are air forks. Super newbie question but i have seen the Airpro Fork bottoming kit advertised, would this help prevent that? Im not sure what it does. or would i need to go with the extra strut? it starts at around 900$ so not something i want to do if the bottom kit will solve this issue. Do i need to add anything else to protect my forks or reinforce them, is the strut the only real option? Any comments or advice is appreciated. Thx

Last edited:

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I know they sell them for ktm's with AER forks and I dont know why. Just add more air to your forks. I run 180 ish psi and im 150 without gear. prolly also should crank up the comp and rebound a few notches. Still not custom forks but AER forks they are very versitile. Do that and ride it. If your front end is diving or washing out add more air. If you still don't like it then look at the a 3rd shock or upgrading forks but many people find it unnecessary to run all that

A
Dec 30, 2021
Alaska
I know they sell them for ktm's with AER forks and I dont know why. Just add more air to your forks. I run 180 ish psi and im 150 without gear. prolly also should crank up the comp and rebound a few notches. Still not custom forks but AER forks they are very versitile. Do that and ride it. If your front end is diving or washing out add more air. If you still don't like it then look at the a 3rd shock or upgrading forks but many people find it unnecessary to run all that
Will do. Thank you. I’m 220lbs with no gear on. What do you suggest I should crank them up to to start?

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Will do. Thank you. I’m 220lbs with no gear on. What do you suggest I should crank them up to to start?
I think max psi is around 220 so start 200-220. besides bottoming youll find in the corners the front will collapse and the ski will grab or slide out. This means its to soft. I only know one guy that big and he rides really aggressivly. He gave up and had his forks resprung. On the old spring forks you could also stiffen the comp and rebound by changing the fork oil to a heavier weight. Unfortunately if all this dosn't work custom forks, a home made trio or an actual trio might be in order....

Premium Features