• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailswest RPM? Logan Horsepower Trailer? Charmac Trailer?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Logan, from what I've heard, will build you whatever you want. I inquired about a gooseneck with a 20' box, I was told they could do it. I'd love something like that....room to do whatever you need, nice gooseneck hauling characteristics, but not a 36+ foot trailer....

This is what I would like to see also. it'd be interested to see how nice one of these pulled.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Logan, from what I've heard, will build you whatever you want. I inquired about a gooseneck with a 20' box, I was told they could do it. I'd love something like that....room to do whatever you need, nice gooseneck hauling characteristics, but not a 36+ foot trailer....

22 foot box would be the perfect trailer. 20 would get tight to haul 4 long trackers wouldn't it?

Other than that it would be the cats azz.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I REALLY want a gooseneck sled trailer too.
One that I can load up the quads (and/or a future RZR4) and camp in during hunting season and then convert to sledding for the fall.

summitriders36

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
Trailer weights

The Trails West 28ft Gooseneck weighs 5600# empty. I've never seen the weight on a Logan published but my friend heard a Logan factory rep say it was about 9000# empty (this was at the Salt Lake snowmobile show).

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
I run a Trails West 40', I really love the trailer inside and out, it pulls like a dream. The few gripes I have are 1. I wish it was triple axel, 2. dual jacks in the front, 3. bigger heater with more overhead ducting towards the back of the trailer. The floor that it has combined with superglides is holding up very well with all the loading and unloading I do. Overall I think it would be hard for me to go to anything else, although Mirage has some very high quality trailers, if youa re still looking I wouldn't pass them over either.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
I was thinking of only ever hauling 3 but most of the time it's just two. I wonder if an 18' would haul 3 with the rear one backwards on the rare time we do.

Most the time we run 4 guys that's why the little bigger. Typically we run 3 guys a truck two trucks. Four place and a two place, but even the 28' footer weighing in at 5600# is intriguing build.

How many sleds can you get in a 28 footer?

snowboat

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2011
I went to Montana to pick up my '17 Logan. When I got to the dealership, I looked at a Charmac, a Trailswest, and the Logan. Of the three I preferred the Logan. The doors seal tight and didn't allow any snow in from Three Forks, Montana to Pinedale, Wyoming. The only thing I would prefer to be different on it would be ride height. It was a little bit higher than I would have liked but it didn't effect how it pulled. The weight of the trailer caused me to have airbags installed on my 2013 2500 Duramax. I had the chance to opt to any of the 3, and I felt this trailer was built better than the rest. The heater worked phenomenal on a -10 degree day. The only issue was humidity.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Which model did you get? What options? I really like the Logan, and when I can afford it I plan on getting one.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Curious if you do any off highway trailering
. It is about 4000 pounds heavier than the trailswest. That concerns me. Don't want to chain up the whole time. These new trucks don't give enough clearance on mudflaps. Definitely the nicest of them but heavy. The doors also felt heavy to lift. They also need a strut on the boot box. It wouldn't stay open. Awesome trailer.

snowboat

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2011
Going off highway was not a concern .I agree the doors are heavy but managable .The thing that bothers me the most is I bought a 29' gooseneck trailor I measure the floor 27' long 2' is used for boot box still works for what I need but it's irritating ( 7days to alpine can't wait )

dhtrailer

Lifetime Membership

Captainsheaff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2011
Logan Coach Snowmobile Trailer

Hi Guys,
Here's a quick fly through on the 2017 Logan "Horespower" snowmobile / multisport trailer. This is a 33' version. It holds 9 154" sleds on the floor or 3 165" & 6 154's" utilizing one hoist. You can also pack 10 machines utilizing multiple center mount pick points (pictures to follow)
I'll post a narrated walk through addressing standard and optional features later in the week. For now, all I can say is if you're looking for quality, check this trailer out! Your imagination is truly the only limitation when it comes to their custom built trailers.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxJWAi2XKs

Premium Features