• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Weights?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I agree, disappointing. I know cat shows crate weigts but when Poo and Doo are both showing dry weights under 440lbs and cat 468lbs, even though I think the crate weight on a xp is about the same. If they are going to do all the new stuff then at least beat the competition by a few pounds. As for the 4 stoke thats ridiculous, nearly a 100lbs more, I know that motor doesn't weigh that much more, I will keep my m1000. It will all depend on how much weight can be taken off and how the new ones handle, then I will decide if I am going to get the new 800 and twist it. or stuff a 1000 in it.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I agree.... but actually 545 or whatever for the turbo 4 is a good start, my apex even after all the lw goodies was around 625+/- and thats why its gone to greener pastures. Mountain sleds need to be light, 400 ish with good power (around 200) and yeah sleds that light will fold up like a pretzel if ya smack um,and run race gas, but thats part of the game, and just like any good racecar ya just repair um and don't sweat it. Its why my mod sled is mostly carbon fiber, high dollar,yeah but even with outdated chassis most guys are stunned how easy it is to ride. I ride a pro most of the time and 430ish is a good weight,needs more power but for pull and go not bad.
I was hoping cat was going to copy pro chassis somewhat with there 800 motor at around 175 hp,and 400 ish lbs...now that would sell..I have no brand loyalty at all just want the best mountain sled I can start with to mod, and I would have ordered the cat if thats what it was stock. IMHO

I might have said it before, but your sled looks really sweet. Nice job on it.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
I'd sure like to see amber or someone who knows to clear the air with weights to put all the dumped to rest.

snowblind

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
los angeles
www.mtnX.com
turbo m is 565 - no fuel no oil, no oil in shocks, no coolant
wet no fuel should be +20. so guess at 585 lbs curbside and add fuel from there. be realistic. batteries and starters and remote oil tanks and multi pipes and heatshields and then an M chassis under it. nothing exotic. little magnesium, no titanium (maybe drive spring)..
its up to you to strip the 80 pounds off it.

bubba94

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2008
BC Canada
I agree, I also wonder how much more power you will get out of the 11oo motor being a twin. I dont think we'll be seeing huge power like the nytro triple

B
Nov 26, 2007
wet no fuel should be +20. so guess at 585 lbs curbside and add fuel from there. be realistic. batteries and starters and remote oil tanks and multi pipes and heatshields and then an M chassis under it. nothing exotic. little magnesium, no titanium (maybe drive spring)..

inexcusable on a $12,000 machine.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

My E-tec 154X is 505 lbs. with full oil, 1/4 tank of fuel, spare belt and tool kit with roughly 160 hp that is 3.15625 lb/hp.

If you are correct and you expect 585 plus 15 lb.s worth of fuel to be near 1/4 tank this would be 600 lb., that is 3.3898 lb/hp but it will have this at altitude.

Looks pretty close but an extra 95 lbs is a nasty thing to throw around. Realistically these sleds will be a threat to yamaha and not riding with tree riders like my group.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
According to Arctic Cat, the 2012 F800 is 57 lbs lighter than a ’11 F8.
...the F1100 Turbo is a full 64 lbs. lighter than a Z1 Turbo

Wonder if the M's have the same weight loss going for them?

You guys didn't see it yet? The M lost no weight at all according to snowest.
Check the article here: http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=2673
Look near the bottom - "2012 M800 Sno Pro is same weight as 2011 M8 Sno Pro."

Edit: And just to clarify, I'm not a Cat guy but I still expect this sled to be a good runner. The new drive should hopefully help get more power to the ground... the 800 HO is already a great engine. We've all seen the Pro become successful even with the weakest motor of the big 3... so if this new Cat can transfer power as efficiently as the Pro, it should definitely be impressive. Let's just wait for ride reviews before passing any judgement.

Last edited:
D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
That's why I was asking how much the '11 F8 weighed. Cause I read this article on ArcticInsider...

Yeah, I'm not sure. I guess it must have been pretty heavy though? I was just answering the second part of your question though; if the M's had also dropped the same 50+ pounds, but unfortunately, they have not.

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
its showing that its the same weight as the 2011 m8. im suprised that its the same weight and not lighter. what is the actually weight of a 2011 m8 inaways?

A

abd

Feb 22, 2009
You got the weights in kg on the swedish page but if you need them translated here are some numbers

F800 SP 459 lbs
M800 153" SP 475 lbs
M1100T SP 562 lbs

Premium Features