• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris A arm weakness planned so they can make more money selling replacements?

M
Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
A lot of people I know keep breaking their A arms on their 2023 and 2024 Polaris snowmobiles. Are they making them weaker to save weight or is it a way to sell more parts? I have hit trees and rocks with my Ski Doo and have not broken an A arm yet. But almost everyone I know who just bought new Polaris sleds have broken their A arms.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
A lot of people I know keep breaking their A arms on their 2023 and 2024 Polaris snowmobiles. Are they making them weaker to save weight or is it a way to sell more parts? I have hit trees and rocks with my Ski Doo and have not broken an A arm yet. But almost everyone I know who just bought new Polaris sleds have broken their A arms.
Sounds like you need more snow to ride😂

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
can’t imagine Polaris makes much money off of a bunch of a-arms. they’re supposed to break to prevent more expensive damage upstream.

T
Dec 20, 2018

Keep trying harder..... Ive hitten rocks with a few mighty ski doos and broke shocks and a arms....

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
"It's only a 20 minute job on a Polaris" is their marketing point. they never include the ride back to the truck, or drive down to the dealer if they don't have one.
overall I think its a decent idea to save the bulkhead

Premium Features