• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooling system bubbles and pressure

J
Mar 10, 2015
So I got a 13 pro rmk 800, 750 miles and the cooling system fills with froth like coolant and dumps out the overflow. At first I thought head gaskets. Replaced all no change. Next went to base gasket still no change. Changed the head and still dumping out coolant from the overflow. No coolant is leaking did a pressure test and notice although it holds pressure when revved up pressure builds. Making me think that it is pushing air into the cooling system from the cylinders. The only other option I can come up with is a bad seal at the water pump. Anyone got any other ideas or had a similar problem. Thanks

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I have 0 experience with the 800 mono-block but had similar woes on a big bore cylinder from the older 800.

In the end it was a poor casting with a flaw in the exhaust port area.

You may be able to find it visually with close inspection or you can use dye penetrant to hunt for the problem.

J
Mar 10, 2015
update

Ended up doing a new top end and jugs, problem solved I believe the clutching was wrong and may have caused a small crack in the cylinders due to over revving. couldn't see the any damage but its all good now.

Premium Features