• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Head leaking coolant

H
Sep 5, 2011
I got to try out my 20 rmk 850 155 this weekend for the first time. I am the second owner and the sled has about 370 miles on it. Prior to the ride I topped off the coolant and when I got back from the 70 mile ride I noticed some coolant on the pto head and cylinder and about a cup of coolant was missing from the reservoir. Tonight I did a pressure test on the coolant system and found coolant leaking from a defect in the head and at the joint between the head and pto cylinder (see picture). I assume it needs a new head and head gaskets. The sled has a extended warranty do you guys think this will be covered under the warranty?

Thanks for the help
Hayes

IMG_20220110_191523279_HDR~2.jpg

H
Sep 5, 2011
Might be a pinched O ring in there. Has this been apart? Are the head bolts torqued properly?
It doesn't look like anyone has taken the head off and I haven't tried to re torque the head bolts yet.
I agree loose bolts or a pinched o-ring could cause the leak between the head and cylinder. However the defect leaking on top of the head looks like a casting flaw to me.

Premium Features