• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS VS GGB

R
Oct 10, 2014
Just seeing how they stack up against each other. Had a few GGB Mtn cans on previous summits. never had any issues with bogging or codes, but thinking I might want to try a HPS?? Nobody in group has ever had one, so not sure what they are sounding like. Clips on line don't really tell, they all sound the same. Any real world feedback>?

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Just seeing how they stack up against each other. Had a few GGB Mtn cans on previous summits. never had any issues with bogging or codes, but thinking I might want to try a HPS?? Nobody in group has ever had one, so not sure what they are sounding like. Clips on line don't really tell, they all sound the same. Any real world feedback>?

I used trail can on my 850 have had a 12 xp and 13 xm with trail can also and the 850 with trail can is a little louder than xp or xm I like it and rumbles ok when pinned also louder than xp and xm both 800's but 850 can is also heavyier than 800 models too. not sure if this helps as have not talked to anyone running 850 with can on it.

D
Sep 2, 2014
I have the HPS on my 850 summit. No where near as obnoxious as the GGB. Sounds good, kinda raspy, doesn't bark. Had one on my 15 as well. Fit and finish is excellent.

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
My test results

I recently installed the new HPS can for the 850. I like it. Watch my short and boring video. I tested it several ways for sound and power. I really wanted to keep my sled as quiet as possible and still like HPS. Not to talk badly about another product, but GGB is on the other end of the spectrum. You should buy a box of ear plugs for you and your riding buddies, seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4b2F8cgdUo

Premium Features