• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EBC?? help needed

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
Hey guys, i will make this short... a month ago i started noticing that while on the throttle my ebc would reset(meaning it would go back tothe first screen and say set hp or set boost).. so i thought it being the older ebc i would ditch it and buy the new tps one, installed it and it was fine the first hour of the ride, but then the new one started doing the same thing.. also, the display numbers would start to go dim and act funny, I'm sure it's not the ebc because the other one did the same thing..... Any thoughts??
thanks

W
Sep 23, 2008
Morgan, Utah
Power issue????Did you wire the new module in the same spot as the old one? Using same wires or leads?? I would check to make sure you are getting consistent power delivery with your power lead. Also check to make sure you have a good ground.... When electronics reset themselves it is usually your power delivery or ground...This has been my experience.

I hope you figure it out man........

Good luck

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
Power issue????Did you wire the new module in the same spot as the old one? Using same wires or leads?? I would check to make sure you are getting consistent power delivery with your power lead. Also check to make sure you have a good ground.... When electronics reset themselves it is usually your power delivery or ground...This has been my experience.

I hope you figure it out man........

Good luck
Ground is good, I am thinking the stator actually...this morning it was fine for about 45 minutes, then all of the sudden after a pretty good hill it started acting up...:face-icon-small-con

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Same thing my brand new one is doing on my 2008 m8t... exept mine does it from minute one when I start it up. Boondocker says it is a power supply issue. My voltage looks good, but something is evidently amiss. My guess is stator on mine as well, but runs perfectly other than the EBC issue, so i put the boost tee back on. According to them 2 months ago, they have seen lots of issues on the 2008 m8's & are working on a fix. Not sure what year your sled is, but if you get it worked out please share the solution since it will help me too! --Matt

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
maybe you have a wire grounding out somewhere, do your hand warmers, thumb warmer work?
tail light always working?
ive seen some tail light wiring rub through and cause problems.
is it just the ebc that is acting weird or does the stock gauge act weird as well?
what about the boondocker box? is it losing power at the same time?

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
maybe you have a wire grounding out somewhere, do your hand warmers, thumb warmer work?
tail light always working?
ive seen some tail light wiring rub through and cause problems.
is it just the ebc that is acting weird or does the stock gauge act weird as well?
what about the boondocker box? is it losing power at the same time?
You brought some good points up.. my tail light doesn't work, but i think the led bulbs are burned out. and yes, only the ebc is acting up, all other gauges are acting normal.... Could it be the voltage regulator giving out too much voltage or maybe not enough?? Thanks for the reply

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
i swapped the ccu on mine & didn't change anything for me unfortunately... everthing else works fine on my sled. ebc works fine when hooked up to a jump pack, but not when powered by the sled. mine seems to behave a little worse than dogtown's... it resets constantly & won't provide an accurate boost reading for the bd box.

D
Nov 26, 2007
hayden Idaho
i swapped the ccu on mine & didn't change anything for me unfortunately... everthing else works fine on my sled. ebc works fine when hooked up to a jump pack, but not when powered by the sled. mine seems to behave a little worse than dogtown's... it resets constantly & won't provide an accurate boost reading for the bd box.
is the ccu and the voltage regulator the same thing?

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
You brought some good points up.. my tail light doesn't work, but i think the led bulbs are burned out. and yes, only the ebc is acting up, all other gauges are acting normal.... Could it be the voltage regulator giving out too much voltage or maybe not enough?? Thanks for the reply

not sure what to tell you, have you inspected your bd wiring harness?
i would think that your electrical system is fine on the sled, since all other gauges are reading correctly. do you run a koso cyl temp gauge or afr? if so where are you getting power for either?

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
could be, i would for sure inspect the line from the ebc to the y that goes to the fule pump, that line if not protected will melt very easily....

Premium Features