• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Repair.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I have a 2010 Wells Cargo that had a rough winter last year, got a couple dents and dings and is in need of some repairs. I called Wells Cargo, they said they do not do repairs, I called Wells Cargo Dealers close and was told can not repair the bonded panel trailers, called Charmac trailers, which is close to me in southern ID, ad they don't do repairs on trailers that are not Charmac.

We called Wasatch Trailers in Utah, they said Yes they can repair it but are over a month out. Any Ideas where to have a trailer fixed?

Or has anyone replaced a panel or two. It is unfortunate that the panel that needs to be replaced is at the back of the trailer, which would be the first one installed on that side.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I have a 2010 Wells Cargo that had a rough winter last year, got a couple dents and dings and is in need of some repairs. I called Wells Cargo, they said they do not do repairs, I called Wells Cargo Dealers close and was told can not repair the bonded panel trailers, called Charmac trailers, which is close to me in southern ID, ad they don't do repairs on trailers that are not Charmac.

We called Wasatch Trailers in Utah, they said Yes they can repair it but are over a month out. Any Ideas where to have a trailer fixed?

Or has anyone replaced a panel or two. It is unfortunate that the panel that needs to be replaced is at the back of the trailer, which would be the first one installed on that side.
You may consider asking an RV dealership. Two of them in my town do repairs, and can do trailers since it's easier than fiberglass rvs...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
You may consider asking an RV dealership. Two of them in my town do repairs, and can do trailers since it's easier than fiberglass rvs...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have one in mind I am going to call on Monday. Thanks for the idea.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I-5 Trailer Sales (Seattle, Washington) did my Featherlite when new (Christmas 1999), as their technician did not have control the Skillsaw when installing the windows and damaged multiple panels.

The panels are designed so that only the damaged one needs to be removed and replaced. The lap is usually opposite Inside to Outside and usually a gap left in the upper track so they can be lifted out once the upper and lower rivets are out. Like most windows and sliding glass doors.

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Ricks body shop in Caldwell used to do these. He sold out to a large chain (abra?) but it might be worth asking them. They are on the boulevard in Caldwell.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Ricks body shop in Caldwell used to do these. He sold out to a large chain (abra?) but it might be worth asking them. They are on the boulevard in Caldwell.

I Will look them up and give them a call, Thanks.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
The worst spot is at the back, all three shiny pieces along the bottom need replaced,
the extruded trim along the very bottom is also bent, but I am pretty sure I could get it to work.

Album

It had a very hard winter, The back one was from being parked to close, and turning left as we pulled out, the trim along the bottom was a friend pulling into his yard, he found a very solid realtor sign, and the front was a purple saub, that thought it was a good idea to try and merge between my truck and trailer, he was a little drunk, but was pissed off that the black vehicle "trailer" would not allow him to merge behind the Truck, towing the trailer. That is how it was described in the police report.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
The worst spot is at the back, all three shiny pieces along the bottom need replaced,
the extruded trim along the very bottom is also bent, but I am pretty sure I could get it to work.

Album

It had a very hard winter, The back one was from being parked to close, and turning left as we pulled out, the trim along the bottom was a friend pulling into his yard, he found a very solid realtor sign, and the front was a purple saub, that thought it was a good idea to try and merge between my truck and trailer, he was a little drunk, but was pissed off that the black vehicle "trailer" would not allow him to merge behind the Truck, towing the trailer. That is how it was described in the police report.

Maybe you can get money from the drunk guy hitting your trailer and use it for the repair?

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Wouldn't that be nice, If they guy had it. I have pretty much decided to take it up to Utah and have Wasatch trailer give it a go, 6 weeks out is the only downfall I guess.

Premium Features