• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attitude controller advice

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
The only way I can get the engine to run clean from mid to wot is to disconnect the aux injectors. Blue boost light comes on at what seems to be 1 lb of boost. Any thoughts?

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
has it always been this way or just start??? wrong settings can do that, I had one go bad and sent it to dobeck in belgrade montana and bought a new one from attitude and the service was great

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
Just added Speedwerx 800 T pipe

It may have started doing it o the last ride of last year. I remember I had a hell of a time getting it to clear out at the base of a steep climb. I made several attempts to get started and had to turnout. Then it finally cleared and ran good up to the top. #s are 2 2 F1 2-3 1-2 8. I was just reading my log and the last time it did this I had an exhaust leak. So maybe the pipe is causing it. I have no leaks.

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
whoops fuel #s

2 2 F1 2-3 8 12+psi 100LL AC M7 BB800 Garrett 2871 Dual injectors.
MF weights 1232 SLP GRN/PNK
STRT 44 Team BLK/ORG

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
Lack of load?

I added one more weight to the heel and it ripped accross the lot. Only did it once so maybe:face-icon-small-con
Will take it to the mountains Sat. and see how it does.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Sounds like it is fat in the mid range to me.

I can't really tell much from your clutching, all those numbers and brand names are confusing. I need actual spring load rates and actual grams for the weights. I do think the straight 44 helix (assuming stock secondary) might be a bit much. I am running a 40-47 progressive. Starts out at a 47 and tops out at a 40. Straight 44 might be to much in the steep and deep and not back shifting causing you to load up.

And considering it's an M7 I can't even tell you where to start. If it was M1000 at 12psi boost I could help ya out.

But again to me it sounds like fuel. What are you AF numbers? Are you above 11? On my M1000 if I get below 11 it runs pretty crappy. I need 11+ and it really likes 12.4. When my M1000 runs poorly in the midrange and struggles to clean up I typically drop my Yellow fuel one point. But I run with very low numbers in all areas except boost. I figure my base fuel map is pretty darn close and I only want to control boost fuel. So I do 98% of my tuning with boost fuel only. Leaving all other settings off and running on the stock ECU program.

Thunder

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
Works on the Mountain

Went to the Mountain today. Sled ran great. The new 800 turbo pipe changed the fueling but really didn't make a performance gain.
Ended up taking the heel weight back out of the Magna force arms so I again have
0232 for 76.1 grams. The pipe made the engine run richer and gave it a wider sweet spot AFR 11-13 all ran good. But, when I did go too rich the AFR would read 14 to 15 and stutter just like it did in town.
Ending #s Green3 Orange or YellowF1 RedF1 Yellow/Blue3 Red/Blue8
rpm 8200.

Special note: A 40-47P cam starts at 40 ends at 47 so most of the time you are running
44 degrees.

Last edited:
Premium Features