• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need turbo help on cpc stage ll

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
How can I tell if fuel pump is going bad.? It'll still read good pressure if it's bad right? I put that different wastegate/actuator in, if that's adjusted wrong would that make it studder?

It's possible, the other day I was riding I wanted to crank my boost up after cruising around at 7# so I gave the knob a few turns and she didn't like it would run up to about 9# and then fall on it's face and jump between 7-9#. Turned back to 7# didn't miss a beat. But I doubt this is your issue you really need to get a solid pull and check what your EGTs are reading. I'm running 1100 on long pulls at 7# which is def on the fat side.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I personally would get a AF gauge and use it for tuning. The EGT's are just to slow to respond and to hard to see.

I would install the AF gauge and run it about 12.3 WOT. If you above that your to lean, below that your fat.

Again i wouldn't try and tune with EGT's.

Thunder

D
Nov 6, 2012
You say that your fuel is good. What is it at idle? I had the exact same studder like that on my 2010 cutler m8 and fuel pressure was at 32. I run it at 37. Was lean wot.

D
Nov 6, 2012
I also run an afr. I don't have temp gauges. When mine was studdering I saw my afr way high instantly. So checked my fp and it was to low.

Premium Features