• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boonedocker Turbo XM runs rough at 3-5000 RPM

N
Oct 6, 2011
I have a 2013 summit XM 163 with a Boonedocker turbo setup it runs great at 5000 RPM and up. But my mid range RPMs (3000-5000rpm) it wants to spit and sputter like its to rich i have adjusted my fuel psi down and i have went up with them also but i cant seem to get it to run any better. I ride at 8000 to 11000 ft of altitude running it on 100LL av gas im looking for any advise on how to solve this issuse or if any one else has had this issuse

Thanks in advance

cadams

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
ND
I have a 2013 summit XM 163 with a Boonedocker turbo setup it runs great at 5000 RPM and up. But my mid range RPMs (3000-5000rpm) it wants to spit and sputter like its to rich i have adjusted my fuel psi down and i have went up with them also but i cant seem to get it to run any better. I ride at 8000 to 11000 ft of altitude running it on 100LL av gas im looking for any advise on how to solve this issuse or if any one else has had this issuse

Thanks in advance

Impossible with etec. Turbo lag/low end bog is yet to be figured out much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Impossible with etec. Turbo lag/low end bog is yet to be figured out much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

HAH didnt boondockers try to "say" that they held off with making a kit until they where like 100% sure that it would be perfect with no issues any other kits have?

also isnt this the first boondocker kit heard of? i remember a thread not so long ago asking where the heck the kits are? and that nobody had heard of anybody with one yet... or if boondockers actually selling or something like that?

Skyking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2010
A lot of good info and help there guys! That is why this forum sucks! My turbo xp and my brothers Boondockers drangon will both run bad on the low end running straight AV gas. It also gets worse the higher you go. run 50/50 or less.

G
Apr 23, 2008
poor kid, gets towed in ride after ride and still mouths off..
holes in your cases, still for sale kid

I have cured that issue on 2 bd e torch kits. Both are in Alberta ca and refuse to post on this site. Its a simple thing but it wont fix the e torchs own low speed fueling commands. That you cant fix. its perfect as per BRP to gurrgle, fart and chew reeds all in the name of trolling for slow moving bass..OOPS this isn't a fishing motor its a sled !!!!

FISH ON !!!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
ahhh gus, there are a few tricks you dont know about being worked on with the etec's!!

getting the stock ecu to not puke fuel when you stab the throttle from a stop is possibly, and quite simple. but I will wait for the people offering it to bring it to the table. hate to spoil their hard work.

G
Apr 23, 2008
again sorry KID. I fixed that months ago.. Your ebay peddling friend wanted it for free !!! LMAO

that turbo your praising,, 4 exploded at haydays.. nice stuff ebay,, nice stuff.

maybe I should post the pics of the split down the middle comp wheels from that chinaman ? ... kids

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
As to this day no one has a solution for the ETEC's, Not even Gus. He might think he does but he doesnt, he just thinks his stuff is SUPER good.

We at Silber Turbos have came up with a solutions, but will not release it yet. I am sure it will be giving away to some other turbo companies but will hope it stays to us for all of our hard work and testing. We will be sure to call out all the free loaders that are giving our fuel solution.

If you want an ETEC box that works pm us and we can set you up.

Thanks
Justin

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
again sorry KID. I fixed that months ago.. Your ebay peddling friend wanted it for free !!! LMAO

that turbo your praising,, 4 exploded at haydays.. nice stuff ebay,, nice stuff.

maybe I should post the pics of the split down the middle comp wheels from that chinaman ? ... kids

hooking the pressure sensor up to the pipe isnt the solution, its too rich on the stock ecu, so its all before any of the controllers are taking over. needs to be delt with on that end for it to "brap" out of the hole. and i dont have any friends that peddle ebay garbage. Learn to use a little discretion when you have no true stake in conversation.

Well, i guess since your a :cheer2: for Boondocker now, i guess you do in this thread.

and again, not sure what this turbo conversation has to do at all with this thread, go ramble to your dog or something, this is a place for constructive conversation.

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npM5Q1dk--A

Hate to sound like a broken record but my bottom end is perfectly AWESOME.

Great video, your sled runs pretty good, However that doesnt show from a complete standing Idle to WOT condition. We all know if your are even creeping along with the etec and go to WOT it will pull right through the burble.

There are numerous times during the video you can hear it gurgle.

Iam in no way bashing you or your setup. Just want to be clear that it still has the burble.

Most people have just accepted and learned to ride around this low end gurgle.

Again great video and impressive riding skills.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I also hear that Felkers has their turbo setup dialed in tight. They run the aerocharger kits but Lynn doesn't mess around. He won't send out a setup if it doesn't work. Been around for too long and has too much at stake to send junk out.

I'm waiting to hear more about the Silber kit. Have yet to see anyone with one. I keep thinking Tudizzle will step up to the plate

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
if you clamp it from a dead stop really fast it will gurgle the slightest amount but recover really fast. If you just take a one one thousand count as you squeeze it from a dead stop to full throttle it won't gurgle.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
We at Silber Turbos have came up with a solutions, but will not release it yet. I am sure it will be giving away to some other turbo companies but will hope it stays to us for all of our hard work and testing. We will be sure to call out all the free loaders that are giving our fuel solution.

If you want an ETEC box that works pm us and we can set you up.

Thanks
Justin

There is 3 different solutions that I know of. One is a totally new box that has been getting r&d. another one is another new controller that we have run. The other one is a old home grown ,dont look very good right now fix. All are working well I just cant decide which one to release first. Just hold on because our kit has been running circles around everyone else. Even some of the big boys are sniffing around the turboboyz.. :spy:

2014 is going to be good :D

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
There is 3 different solutions that I know of. One is a totally new box that has been getting r&d. another one is another new controller that we have run. The other one is a old home grown ,dont look very good right now fix. All are working well I just cant decide which one to release first.

Are any of these "fixs" interefering with the stock fueling stystem or just varying methods of controlling powerjets?

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
gurgle/lag

am i missing something? is there a real world situation where you go from idle to pinned when mountain riding? we've had n/a sleds with unreal throttle response but that being said, always found the most effective deep snow clutching (before starting to move the track) actually "clutches" for 1/2 second so you don't trench (unless a full-on drag setup where you have the traction). the aero setup we're running (felker based), imho has exceptional throttle response. if your rpms are high enough to move the sled, the response is there. i don't care what happens below engagement. the video posted above with the tss kit sounds like it has exceptional throttle response as well. not sure if it's possible to get any better. if you have a two-stroke at idle, with a turbo thats not spooling/ partially blocking the exhaust, how do you produce a situation with no hesitation/gurgle/lag when you mash it? get a supercharger/ripcharger to work i guess? five years ago, if someone told me you could get a two-stroke turbo to go almost 2k miles with no failures at 8 lbs of boost, no fuel adjustments after the initial settings, same reed setup since day one of boost, phenomenal rideablility, and unreal fuel economy i would have asked if you lived in oz. i have seen/heard the rigs of the big names on the pros and cats and don't hear any difference in their rideability. maybe ours and the tss kit work better than the average etec kit? other than making it lighter and an intercooler that keeps charge air temps consistant no matter what without adding lag (not sure if this is possible either), i honestly don't know what else i would want from ours. enlighten me if i'm not getting it. btw, i'm have not sold a single aero kit and am not a tss dealer.

jeff

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
am i missing something? is there a real world situation where you go from idle to pinned when mountain riding? we've had n/a sleds with unreal throttle response but that being said, always found the most effective deep snow clutching (before starting to move the track) actually "clutches" for 1/2 second so you don't trench (unless a full-on drag setup where you have the traction). the aero setup we're running (felker based), imho has exceptional throttle response. if your rpms are high enough to move the sled, the response is there. i don't care what happens below engagement. the video posted above with the tss kit sounds like it has exceptional throttle response as well. not sure if it's possible to get any better. if you have a two-stroke at idle, with a turbo thats not spooling/ partially blocking the exhaust, how do you produce a situation with no hesitation/gurgle/lag when you mash it? get a supercharger/ripcharger to work i guess? five years ago, if someone told me you could get a two-stroke turbo to go almost 2k miles with no failures at 8 lbs of boost, no fuel adjustments after the initial settings, same reed setup since day one of boost, phenomenal rideablility, and unreal fuel economy i would have asked if you lived in oz. i have seen/heard the rigs of the big names on the pros and cats and don't hear any difference in their rideability. maybe ours and the tss kit work better than the average etec kit? other than making it lighter and an intercooler that keeps charge air temps consistant no matter what without adding lag (not sure if this is possible either), i honestly don't know what else i would want from ours. enlighten me if i'm not getting it. btw, i'm have not sold a single aero kit and am not a tss dealer.

jeff

Boy did you hit the nail on the head. I have often wondered when people come on here and complain about a bog when they mash on the throttle from a dead stop. I think to myself, who the heck rides like that. It's probably the same guys complaining that there sled trenches.

Premium Features