• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19’ axys silber turbo running rough.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I bought a 19’ axys 800 with 1500 miles. It has a silber on it running 7 lbs.

When I bought it, it ran rough but only when the pipe got hot so I replaced the pipe sensor. Next trip out it ran super good. Crisp and clean. Consistently pulling 8300 rpm.

About 3 hours into the ride I was pinned up a hill and realized it was kinda sputtering but only running 200 rpm low. A few more pulls and I noticed it was getting worse then it kinda popped (backfired) and after that it ran like crap. 1000 rpm low with a bottom end bog that would throw me over the bars.

I headed to the truck about a mile away across a meadow. Was doing about 7000 rpm with 1/2 throttle when the det code came on and it immediately died.
It started right back up and made it to the truck but it was trying to died the entire way. Any input on this?

It idles just fine at 1600-1700 rpm…only tries to die under throttle.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I bought a 19’ axys 800 with 1500 miles. It has a silber on it running 7 lbs.

When I bought it, it ran rough but only when the pipe got hot so I replaced the pipe sensor. Next trip out it ran super good. Crisp and clean. Consistently pulling 8300 rpm.

About 3 hours into the ride I was pinned up a hill and realized it was kinda sputtering but only running 200 rpm low. A few more pulls and I noticed it was getting worse then it kinda popped (backfired) and after that it ran like crap. 1000 rpm low with a bottom end bog that would throw me over the bars.

I headed to the truck about a mile away across a meadow. Was doing about 7000 rpm with 1/2 throttle when the det code came on and it immediately died.
It started right back up and made it to the truck but it was trying to died the entire way. Any input on this?

It idles just fine at 1600-1700 rpm…only tries to die under throttle.
did you check the plugs ?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
My sled still has a random bottom end bog…. Seems to show up when I chop the throttle but not all the time.

It has new plugs, good fuel, new pipe sensor. I pulled the plugs and they were wet so I’m assuming it’s an over fuel bog.

I’m going to check valves and reeds next.

Premium Features