• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does moving steering rod attachment point closer to steering post make steering easy?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I read a post that said to drill out one of the smaller holes in the steering arm and attach the steering rod to it to make your steering easier.

I was planning on doing the mod today but, in my mind I just couldn't make sense of why or how that would make my steering easier.

I know that the longer a lever, the more torque you can exert on an object. Similarly, moving the steering rod attachment point closer to the fulcrum (shortening the lever) seems like it would make me actually lose leverage and make the steering harder.

If this really works to make the steering easier could someone please confirm that this trick works or not? :doh:

W
Nov 27, 2007
spokane ,wa.
steering

check the tie rod ends inside and out. mine were frozen on one side,replaced both,steers ok now. now if i can just keep the grip heaters working all the time

Premium Features