• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mcx question

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
I have a 08 nytro with mcx and was wodering if anyone knows how to get the suction pump off the magnito side of the motor? Any help would be appreciated.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Yeah you are talking about the oil return pump that is hiding behind the oil tank.

It is easiest by removing the oil tank

- remove the line banjo fitting
- remove the 4 Torx screws then the outer part and center section can be removed
- then the eccentric can come out ( round piece with the internally cut gear)
- the body then screws out of the cover ( be careful there is a small pin that goes into the shaft of the oil pump)

This should get you close anyway

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Return pump, you bet remove oil tank take the screws out of pump it will split then thread some bolts into inner half where the screws were then use a small bar or screw driver to thread inner half out of the cover while holding pump shaft from coming out with it so small roll pin in the end does not fall out of drive bolt till you can see it and rotate motor till pin is at 9 and 3 oclock and you can pull it out. my take anyway

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
Thank you!! the reason I'm asking is my turbo is full of oil so I was wondering if maybe that pump was not working or if the pin sheared off, that's what Mark in Butte maybe thought it was. So I pulled the oil tank and removed the four screws and the cover but then I got stumped.

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
Well got it all apart and the pin is not sheared off, so I guess that is not the reason suppose I'll half to keep looking. Thank you to everyone for the help unless anyone has anymore ideas.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
How much oil are you talking? Is it just laying in the intake to the turbo? Hows the pump look? scored up? Are all the lines going to it free and not kinked off? How long has the kit been on the sled? What happened when you first noticed the oil? Roll over, bad stuck? ect ect
Need more details.

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
So here is the hole story, went to cooke rode all day, loaded it on the trailer went home. Next weekend started it up was letting it warm up and it was smoking abunch for about 5 minutes then it went away. So I pulled it in the garage, went out a couple of days later to do some work on it and I noticed a film of oil all over the suspension and track. I have a CR tunnel dump on it, so I got to looking and there was oil in the tailpipe piece. So I went ahead and pulled the seat off started looking for leaking lines because I thought they maybe it was one of them, there was oil from one end of the track to the other. But then I got too thinking that's because it was coming out of the tailpipe above the track. The hole reason I started this was to pull the header off because it was cracked, then found all this, so in my thinking I thougt look in the header for oil and at the motor end there was none but were it bolts to the turbo there is a little oil. That's when I called Mark and he said to check the suction pump, and it's not that so I need more ideas and help!!!

Premium Features